Mk1 Yoyos!

haha, yea - it might come out with a couple of serious battle wounds

1 Like

I reckon if this is made of titanium it would be 1:1 show accurate due to amount of constant sparks clashing each other. :joy:

3 Likes

This would sound terrifying

3 Likes

Can these run a 1/2 Spec C bearing? For the Top players to be able too do 4A could be next level, and another way to regenerate and catch out of the air. Way above my skill level however ATM.

4 Likes

I believe so, with a shorter 10mm axle - my last one is on loan to @Myk_Myk right now.

4 Likes

My son would want this if he knew about it.

3 Likes

fun times at MK1.

21 Likes

Elliot Ding (mk1 team yoyoer) took 4th at UK Nats 2023 recently.

He’s gotten very good. Very good indeed!

17 Likes

Mate, that’s awesome!! Congrats!!

2 Likes

These finished before the Unicorn, and also before my vacation to Germany.

Expect the brass Exia at the end of June.

21 Likes

Those look so good, Mark! Crossing my fingers for a clear with brass rings…

3 Likes

Lilac is the lightest color. The only other color is a dark blue

2 Likes

Shipping these to YoyoExpert today! The Unicorn is finally on its way to me from the machine shop, so it’ll indeed be the next release after the Brass Exia.

I also have another new monometal on the way (completely finished production) which will be released after the Unicorn.

24 Likes

Oh my stars. Immediate buy

3 Likes

Does anyone know when the release date is?

1 Like

Trying for June 30th

6 Likes

I am back from US Nats.

I had some yoyos there which haven’t been properly released yet. This was one of them:

I have a bunch of these to test and then, off to retailers!

17 Likes

Will these be the caps you’re sending out with them or will it be the version with the diamond tip? Not sure about the name for that design feature but this pic looks a little different than the version I’ve been seeing around and the proto you showed us earlier. Such a cool idea and I can’t wait to try it!

2 Likes

The Unicorn will include two sets of caps:

Unicorn Caps”, the smooth pointed ones shown above
Flat Caps”, which are flat

I chose these because they have the right mix of simplicity and fun, and I had enough made to cover the full production of Unicorns.

I also had two other types made, which will be sold separately:

Spin Top Caps”, which have the groove for landing the string on the tip
Ring Caps”, which look like translucent donuts

The spin top caps are limited; they are interesting to use but also much more finicky, the string can snag on the tips, and it’s easy to accidentally land on them when you don’t intend to. So, they are available as an opt-in extra only. I plan on having more made, they were more popular than I expected at US Nats.

14 Likes

Super stoked for this one, I really want to get all of those cap styles

3 Likes