The Mk1 Diffraction 2 is now available at YoYoExpert!

Introducing the Diffraction 2 by Mk1 Yo-Yos! A company created by YoYoExpert Forum member @MarkD!

The original Diffraction design was inspired by conversations online with Jordan Blofeld (of Smashing and OP YOYOs). Taking inspiration from the Smashing Interlagos yo-yo, Mark from Mk1 got some interesting ideas about fingerspin hubs. After a couple failed attempts he landed on something unique; concentric stepped circles to act as a fingerspin guide. The shape of these circles is reminiscent of laser diffraction patterns, something Mark had seen a lot as he worked in a laser-lab during his college years. This inspired the name of the yo-yo as well.

Mark took his design to the YoYoExpert Forums for advice and refined it into the Diffraction 1 which was produced in limited numbers and sold to friends and family. Later in 2019, Mark put together a plan to tweak the design just a bit (the Diffraction 2) and ordered a 2nd run with some different colors, including the green that couldn’t look better if it tried! A good friend drew up a new logo and the Diffraction 2 became a reality!

22 Likes

Man, all three are just so pretty…and I don’t even like fades or green.

I’m really jonesing for a raw or gold one, but I may have to get a blue one. I’m just utterly enchanted with the inner cup design.

6 Likes

That’s my boy Jack.

6 Likes

Wonderful yoyo by a wonderful person who started a wonderful company that you should support

15 Likes

Yess!

2 Likes

Yay!

2 Likes

Congrats Mark! Got to try one out this summer and was blown away by the power and speed.
Great design, great style/colors…just great!
We’ll done

2 Likes

:angry:

2 Likes

angry twitch77 noises

3 Likes

:two_hearts: thank you

thanks for all the kind words, everyone. I’m downloading them and printing them out

4 Likes

I just ordered a blue one!

Would still love to have one in raw, gold, or copper finish someday… :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!
They truly are beautiful fades imo!

3 Likes

Hearing thoughts on it? I’m confused bud! It’s green! Isn’t that enough? :astonished:
Just pull the trigger for crying out loud. :rofl:

6 Likes

@twitch77 Only 6 green left. Yeah, this is positive peer pressure. I’d hate to buy them all, leaving you green with envy and myself with a stack of green diffractions. You know you want to pull the trigger, give into desire!

7 Likes

DONE!
:smiley:

No idea why I’ve waited to pick this one up for so long. It’s such an amazing looking throw and I’m super excited to be able to support @MarkD with a purchase of one of his throws.
You’ve made one of the nicest green fades I’ve ever seen man! :green_heart:
Really hyped to get this one in my hands!

3 Likes