MK1 Diffraction v2

So I got a Diffraction V2 from @SimplyMike X @MarkD’s giveaway that was a few weeks ago, thanks to the people on this forum (I still have no clue at all how I got that many votes lol) I have been LOVING it so far, anyways I thought I would make a review on it so here goes:

• History
    The Diffraction is the creation of Mark Diehr (I forgot how to spell your last name lol) The creation of it was documented here: Yoyo CAD & Prototyping Adventures
    I’m not writing the whole history of it here because it would be better for you to see the whole story of it in that thread. Anyways this is the second edition of it that was first released on July 12, 2019.

• Specs

• Weight: 64.5g
      V/W Shape
      Dia: 56mm
      Width: 46mm
      Standard Guts (C bearing, 19mm pads)
  • Pros: Stable, Long Spinning, Powerful, can do any grinds, fantastic and vibrant colors, low price, awesome packaging, rare, basically everything else.

• Cons: …

• Comparisons: I would say it looks like a YYO Vector + an SF Statement, but it turns out that it is better than that, wayy better, it is stellar at every grind ever, it is powerful, long spinning, it has basic finger-spin capabilities, very stable. It has a very aesthetically pleasing hub that I have never seen before

• Closing thoughts:
    The MK1 Diffraction is a high-end boutique monometal that can handle pretty much anything. It comes with a hand crocheted yoyo pouch and plastic tube that is much better packaging than I have seen with other companies. I want to keep this review short so I will end it here. Buy this yoyo with confidence, Mark is a REALLY cool guy.

16 Likes

Stoked that you’re enjoying it. :two_hearts:

3 Likes

I wouldn’t consider $70 for a 7075 monometal to be a low price, but great review otherwise!

2 Likes

Its about average for 7075

7 Likes

Good point. Comment edited.

2 Likes

For a small run boutique 7075 I would say that’s pretty good.

8 Likes

Absolutely no cons?

2 Likes

I’m not good at reviewing anything especially yo-yo’s but I’m been trying to find something negative to say about this throw so that the praise I give it can come across as more honest. But I just can’t find anything I don’t love about it. And for $70 it feels like $100+ in your hands not to mention the extras it comes with. And the colors! Not even Steve Harvey in his prime had a better fade.

4 Likes

I can’t find anything. I was gonna say fingerspins but they still work even with the longer axle.

Y’all need to stop, I already convinced myself I don’t need it.

4 Likes

The Diffraction’s design is focused around stability/performance as well as trying out something new-ish with fingerspin cups, so it’s quite rim-weighted, which definitely isn’t to everyone’s preference. It’s merely OK at regens. It doesn’t have the magic of something like the Smashing Float or the weird boundary-pushing of a Crucible. But then again it depends on someone’s preferences.

I will never stop!!!

3 Likes

@JWaugh @Egon Woah. No con review. That’s remarkable.
@MarkD Congrats on such desing. Making a good yoyo is cool but making one that pleases a good mayority is awesome.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a majority-pleaser, it’s just really good for people who share my tastes.

1 Like

It’s really good for everyone, also please consider making this a thing:

1 Like

If you like how that looks you should pick up an Amplified Juke. It has those facets on the rims. Really nice player, too.

2 Likes

Fun fact: Darren the guy that designed that yoyo and the company owner were both very active members on the forums during its prime days

3 Likes

Vector was one of the first things I compared it to as well - glad you’re liking it dude, knew you would!

2 Likes

Very Glad to meet you Jake and I’m so glad you won the Yoyo.

2 Likes