Mini throws

I’ll third the Dink. Fabulous piece. One throw and I knew it was a keeper.

3 Likes

G2 mini covenant of Mini Banshee, banger minis

4 Likes

I bought my toonie and the duccling at the same time.

Love them both. Toonie is better for long spinning tricks that need a bit of extra push from the rim weight. But the duccling comes surprisingly close and the gap is more forgiving. It feels great in the hand.

I havent played the loonie but i wouldnt trade either of them for one.

Im waiting for my budget to recharge to get a busker in my hands. Its a bit bigger but looks like a winner as well.

I thought about a panzer but i dunno that i personally want to go that small.

For responsive micros you could go the Mobile Gamer route and lube the bearing with some grease. I use Traxxas.

Or get the tom kuhn pocket rocket and play it with some really thin string. They are the same size but the pocket rocket is a bit more snaggy than the mobile gamer. The mobile gamer comes unresponsive and is better for string tricks.

3 Likes

I play my ti Janus as a responsive. I keep my al version unresponsive. I also have a pocket rocket I to play responsive and I like my beacon as a responsive mini.

I also have a little confusion I don’t like it as a YoYo but the hubstacks make it a fun fidget so it sticks around.

Then we got the world’s smallest Duncan’s both the imperial and butterfly. These are by no means good yo-yos but they are neat for what they are.

6 Likes

Back to unres the yyf 44 and 45 and the dv888 are all in that small YoYo space. The boss is a similar size and neat. 888 in general is a small YoYo. Lots of 66% versions of yo-yos from yyf too that are neat ss and ti that I just can’t justify getting.

Similarly the pop star is probably the smallest decent mini yyf made but it’s still in that too small for most people to like range.

I’ve always wanted a sprite and a lowercase but never got either of those maybe some may there will be a b grade floating about I can snag

3 Likes

Dude I wish i had a beacon. They werw sold out long before i ever learned about those. They look sweet!

2 Likes

There is also the yo-yo configuration of the ZGRT KnuckleYo.

3 Likes

When I think about minis, I think about something that’s gonna fit in my pocket real good. And when I think about a responsive that would’ve fit in a pair of tight pants real good, it was the El Mijo polycarb

Not mini at all, but so slim you won’t even know it’s there. Really have some fomo for selling mine. But maybe I was meant to own a blue one instead of the olive

3 Likes

I have 3 dv888s lol, I love them, one is responsive. They were my first metal throws and first unresponsive. I’d love a pop star. I have a 444 that is pretty fun because the hubstacks but I wish it were a bit heavier

3 Likes

I really want an el mijo some day as well, they look sweet

2 Likes

I forgot I had one of those I don’t like it as a yoyo to be honest but it’s a nice roller

1 Like

I wish I had a second I’ve dialed in the one I have to loop but I can’t get a second…

1 Like

The best one I’ve played is the One Drop Clique

2 Likes

Forgot about that one. Agree, it’s good but could use a couple of grams.

Could also hunt down an OD cafe racer!!

1 Like

Hands down best small yoyo out there is the mini star 2 imo. It is my gold standard for small throws. Honorable mentions are the hashtag, masamini, and slightly larger but the fallen angel

4 Likes

Not a fan of mini or micro throws too be honest. The Heist, Janus, Exceutive (3 favorite Mini!) and a few 66% are about as small as I’ll go…i am not a fan at all of the Strum Panzer, honestly that thing is a real challenge and unpleasant to practice. The KnuckleYo is wider so a bit more tolerable for me but honestly that small is not my bag of tea.

4 Likes

I prefer a standard size throw most of the time but I do like the small ones a lot, idk why

1 Like

Oh I always forget the masamini. It’s an awesome if not mildly expensive YoYo

2 Likes

I’ve always wanted an executive but the price tag is hurtful to my wallet

3 Likes

busker rain city skills

2 Likes