Mini-Throw Showoff Thread

TotalArtist, may I ask why you put a double loop around your bearing? :slight_smile:

Yea, that kind of confused me…

Because she’s too stubborn to realize she’s doing it wrong and won’t change now.

No way. :stuck_out_tongue: When I started I wanted to play with advanced yo-yos, cause they look cooler, but I was playing responsive. To make the yo-yo responsive, I’d loop it like 5 times or as many needed for it to respond. As I went along, I’d play semi-responsive and loop it less times so sometimes it would respond, sometimes not. In my mind, that loop makes the string on the yo-yo more secure, as that little thin piece of string does not look like it can hold a yo-yo good, so I do it twice just because. It is a bit more responsive, but hardly noticeable to me, and I like it. It has become my signature in the photos. Black string, with two loops. ;D Pajama Man told me all my yo-yos have knots in them. :smiley:

That seems completely logical and funny at the same time

Interesting… But couldnt you just put in a slim bearing, an extra loop, and maybe poly/cotton string back then to make it responsive?

nice small throws folks! i will be added to the list soon, just curious how big the gnarwhal is compared to the ministar or the dingo, does anyone have one to compare side by side?

I do not, but suffice it to say that the Gnarwhal is not a mini. It’s around 52mm in diameter, putting it even above “undersized” throws.

I just added both a Dingo and St. Eel to my colleciton. Along with my mighty flea, these are my minis. They are good fun for sure.

well crap!

Give me about 20 minutes, and I’ll post that photo for you. :slight_smile:

Update…I took cell phone pics, because it’s faster. I consider the Gnarwhal “undersized” not a micro, or mini throw. I wouldn’t even call the Gnarwhal a “pocket throw.” Here goes:

1 Like

You knew the three essentials that you should get. Very well researched. :wink:

thanks for the photos, now to find a real mini and a real micro :slight_smile: im looking to acquire a mighty flea and something around the size of the general-yo mini.

i appreciate the size reference :slight_smile:

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h27/halohalopinoy7o7/CIMG1128.jpg

i really regret selling these :-\