Mental Illnesses

I wish and hope for the best for you. I hope yoyoing will continue to be a refuge of sorts for you.

6 Likes

Put that thought out of your mind. It solves nothing and makes for enormous problems for those left behind. Weā€™ve had to deal with that in the yoyo world in the past.

I donā€™t know you or what your situation is, but at 11years old, youā€™ve got a lot of living to do before it should look that bad. Life has itā€™s high points and low points, but having lived thru a number of them, itā€™s better to keep on going. And generally more fun.

Take a listen:

9 Likes

My Mom was a Pediatric Nurse for many, many years. The Nurses were always hearing/talking about kids committing suicide.

My Mom said that, ā€˜Suicide is the single most selfish thing a person can do.ā€™ Whether the person successfully kills themself or not; the consequences completely falls on the surviving friends and family.

If you die; it can have long lasting negative effects on family and friends.

If you fail to die; you may end up as a vegetable and literally suck the life out of those that end up taking care of you.

ā€¦Anyway; if I go on and on; it would kind of defeat giving you the link to some pretty good insight.

Me, personally? Anybody that is a regular on this Forum; pretty much knows I am a wise guy. I have clowned around with everybody; since I was a kid. In middle school and high school; my Homeroom was counselors office. Regular homeroom teachers could not handle me. I was humorously disruptive.

I dropped out of high school because I thought I just needed a job and money and I could take care of the rest? I took the bus across the bay; to a cannery. I got a job stacking 48 pound cases of canned fish into boxcars. Me and seven other guys. Twenty two thousand cases a day. 12 hours a day; 7 days a week. For 6 months I stacked cases and focused on how Stupid I was to think I had a better idea.

I quit and went back to schoolā€¦ graduated and went to College. And 2 different trade schools. It was tough. I had so many things going on at once; I still havenā€™t a clue how I did it?

But what kept me pushing ahead was noticing others around me; were even busier and meeting even tougher challenges than me.

I asked a few of them how they could accomplish so much and still be happy as heck?

They told me the same just about the same thing. ā€˜Donā€™t ever waste any time feeling sorry for yourself. Use that time to get something done. Life isnt just about who you are. Life is about what you can get done.ā€™

I donā€™t want anybody checking out early. If you study life around the World; boyā€¦ are we lucky or what?

Suicide may be called the easy way out. But it is just about the absolute worst solution.

It may be rough accomplishing stuff while you are alive. But you canā€™t get anything done if you are dead.

If you are having bad thoughts; Get Help! I mean that.

There is an old sayingā€¦ ā€˜You canā€™t help anybody if you canā€™t help yourselfā€™.

Meet the challenge to help yourself; by getting help.

Iā€™ll joke around at just about anything. But not about ā€˜One way ticketsā€™.

ā€¦I found this article on the Webā€¦ Anybody considering ā€˜clocking outā€™ should read it.

13 Likes

9 Likes

For anyone having suicidal thoughts, please know that help is out there. You are not alone.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
1 800 273 TALK (8255)

9 Likes

Life is a beautiful, stressful, confusing gift from the Lord,and we only have one!!! I never really took for granted what I have in life, but after being diagnosed with an incurable neurological disease, it definitely put a different perspective on they way I look at everything, each breath we take if a gift from God, I am in no way trying to preach or anything, I see and hear about all of these kids committing suicide and it breaks my heart, they donā€™t realize we arenā€™t on this Earth very long as it is, take advantage of every minute you have here

12 Likes

You are absolutely correct :heart:

9 Likes

I had no clue this was around.

2 Likes

Well, Iā€™m 36.
I have PTSD and suicidal depression, I have conquered the suicide. The PTSD really kicks my tail I still have my down days. I actually lost my job on Sunday, so I am going through a rough spot right now. The other night, a member here offered to send me a yo-yo.

I donā€™t know if that member reallly knows how they helped me.

I know they will see this so.

:pray:t4:

Thank you!

14 Likes

You beat me too it, the benefits of some O2 to the brain.
When weā€™re down, this is often when weā€™re most sedentary, creating a viscous circle.

2 Likes

This community truly is anomalous to the way most of the world operates. Iā€™m glad you found it, and we hope to see you around :blush:

Iā€™m sorry to hear about your work situation, thatā€™s never easy.

6 Likes

The work thing I got figured out, gonna go back to school! Iā€™m going to be a barber! :barber:

10 Likes

Offering up my 2 cents.

Donā€™t ā€œTripā€ to hell-n-bach!
Squash your Egoic states of mind.
Eat well. Exercise often. Yoyo.

The single most influential thing Iā€™ve learned thus far, from ECKHART TOLLEā€™S book called ā€œA new Earth.ā€
ā€œIt is neither good nor bad, itā€™s only THINKING that makes it so.ā€

Tolleā€™s book articulates the history of evolution of human ā€œCONSCIOUSNESSā€ and the importance of living and breathing the eternal-now!

STop the senseless mind chatter.
Ego is the VOICE inside us all.
Develop a heightened awareness for Egoic voices in your immediate surroundings.

Meditative breathing or yoing temporarily silences Egos.

When in doubt, grab a Purple Yoyo!

Live well be well.

9 Likes

The "Art of Happinessā€™ by the Dali Lama is an inspirational read.
He is just a man, but the book has many inspiring things to say.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a solid career choice. The barber shop in my neighborhood is packed and has to expand to meet demand. Not enough barbers around.

6 Likes

In the state there are only like 6,000 barbers registered with the state. But like 30,000 cosmetologist

5 Likes

oh crap, iā€™d just like to clarify- that no, i am not edgy nor did i have the intention of gathering attention. It was true at the time that i was actually sad, but iā€™m okay now. I needed to explain this because of the stereotype where ā€œ12 year olds say theyā€™re depressed because of being sad for 1 day lol thats so immatureā€. Some of my classmates and peers do actually represent that stereotype though- but i am sure that i am not like that- not to brag or whatever. I seem to be a little above on the maturity level compared to some of my peers, although i do not want anybody to think that they are immature, they just have difficulty understanding what certain things mean.
thatā€™s everything, thanks!

6 Likes

Iā€™m diagnosed with ADHD-PI (Predominantly Inattentiveā€¦formally known as ADD) and bipolar. I suspect I have a touch of high functioning autism as well.
Was in a facility for a few years as a teen and have been in 1 on 1 therapy and support groups through most of my adult life. Iā€™m still currently working with a 1 on 1 therapist, and have another lady whoā€™s sort of like a life coach who has been amazing at keeping me motivated and heading in a forward path.
I use to have severe social anxieties too though a ton of that has calmed down over the years.

A big struggle for me is that I feel like a complete loser in life. Like so many guys my age (Iā€™m 36) have their lives in orderā€¦jobs, spouses, kids, friends.
I havenā€™t been able to hold down a steady job in a long while. I only have a few friends and I donā€™t hang out with them almost ever, Iā€™ve not completed college and I struggle a ton with taking care of my own self, let alone trying to be involved in any sort of romantic relationship.
I may regret revealing this, but I receive assistance from the government and live in a low income apartment (very nice ones though).
I just feel behind. And it kills my self esteem. I try to hide from people because of the shame I feelā€¦especially not having a job.
Iā€™m also a very slow learner. Itā€™s frustratingā€¦itā€™s led to me quitting a lot of things because I get so angry at myself for falling so far behind while others surpass me by leaps and bounds.
Iā€™m trying super hard not to focus on it with yo-yoingā€¦though I am well aware that my progress has been incredibly slow compared to tons of otherā€™s who have been going for as long as I have (I think Iā€™m 4 or 5 months into it this go around).

Sorry for the huge post.
I love that this community has others who can understand. That support each other and donā€™t judge.

13 Likes

(((Bro Hug)))

4 Likes

How fitting it is to come back to the forums for feeling bad that Iā€™ve not been around cuz my depression has killed any motivation I had to do almost anything including throwing. And the first thread I see is about depression

6 Likes