McBrinde's Roller Coaster

Hey guys, I am currently working on McBride’s Roller Coaster. I can do all of the moves and I have made it through the trick multiple times before, but the majority of my tries my Dark Magic ends up running out of gas. Any tips to help keep my yoyo going through the longer tricks?

try throwing the yoyo harder and straiter

Work on your throw, maybe loosen your gap a bit… And also… Dont linger, hit the string and bounce off… Dont let your yoyo get bound up with string and die

Quite easy actually, WORK ON YOUR THROW.
Your throw is something that you will use for each and everyone of your tricks, nobody what your style. Use the Search function to look up some more tips but mainly, keep it STRAIGHT and STRONG.

Just get some yyj thin lube and work on your throws. Get the yoyo to spin hard and straight EVERY TIME!!! :wink:

Thin Lube doesn’t help spin times.

True dat dawg.

Don’t go too fast. Just because you know it, doesn’t mean you can go fast and nail it good. Take it slowly and as everybody says, work on your throw.

Get a Dv888 ;D

I’m not much further than you in my progress, but they are all right, it is just a matter of working on a hard and straight throw. I went through the same thing during McBride and especially Reverse. Now I can do them both in one throw. Just get that wrist snapping and work on a long spin time.

Another thing to add:

Don’t throw it hard. Just make sure your hand is solid and like danzac said, it’s all in the wrist. Hope you got it by now!

It might also be that you are not centering the string, so make sure the string is not toucjing the sides of the yoyo.

Yeah I kinda had the same problem. Thanks for the person who stole my Dark Magic, now I have a DV888 and they spin so long. I really like yoyofactory now, a big fan of their bearings.

NO!!!
Getting a new yoyo will not get rid of your problems. All you’re doing is trying to find a way around it. Read the tips the others have given and you’ll be set.
Remember, the yoyo does NOT do the tricks. YOU DO