Markmont Classic

I know there is much love for the MMC. My question, is the MMC, a near 4 year old (10/2014 release) still worth a “buy” at 95 bucks or has the industry and community for that matter, moved on?
Clearly there is nostalgia, but is it still there for that very purpose?

2 Likes

It’s still there because it’s an amazing yoyo :slight_smile:

No, it’s definitely a “classic” and very much in demand – if you want outdated, look at the markmont next

1 Like

I bought one just this year, and it is one of my top yo-yos. There’s a lot to enjoy about it.

1 Like

Worth the $95 for sure.

1 Like

Yes, MMC is one of the top 3 One Drops for me and that’s an incredible compliment given that every single One Drop is really really good.

1 Like

Too good, which is bad for the wallet :joy::rofl::joy:

Thanks for the replies

That Markmont Next looks like it could be called a One Drop DV888

1 Like

Bite your tongue, sir! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I can’t read.

The markmont next was the very first “high end” yoyo I ever had. It was sent to me for free by a member on the YYE forums who was struggling to make ends meet himself, and his only other yoyo was a CLYW Avalanche.

Before that I only had a YYF One and Yomega Fireball. I was just a 13 year old kid barely getting through the advanced level tricks on YYE. If he never gave me that markmont, I VERY likely wouldn’t be yoyoing today

When the Classic first got released, I stayed up til midnight for the drop and bought the Collector’s Edition. I really really wanted the Nickel but they sold out before I could check out, had to settle with a Clear.

Still have all the goodies from the Collectors Edition and the Next to this day.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Markmont Classic nickle for sale in the b/s/t, at least not in the last 10 months. Have you? They have to be rare.

MMC spins gud. Definitely a legend

I bought one tonight. I guess I need to experience it. That will become my 10th One Drop. I do love them.

The Markmont Classic is a timeless yoyo.

I remember almost 50 years ago; I saw Jimi Hendrix in concert at the Inglewood Forum. It was the last concert he gave on the West Coast. I had predicted to my friends that Jimi Hendrix songs would hold up against time and still be amazing decades down the line.

… The very first day I threw down the MMC; I knew it was No one batch and ‘out’ kinda yoyo. I knew immediately it would get great acceptance by anybody that knows when a yoyo ‘plays at a higher level’.

The MMC is not even my personal favorite shape. Or diameter or width or weight.

If I saw the yoyo on a Sales table next to several other yoyo shapes; And I didn’t know what it was and couldn’t try before buying; i doubt it would be the shape I would reach for.

But the synergy of the combined specs.; results in a top shelf yoyo that will still be relevant no matter what comes out in the future.

I love throwing my MMC while playing Hendrix music.

Two Classics…

6 Likes

Honestly, that’s the reply I was hoping for. Thanks man.

1 Like

Agree with many of the statements above. Mine is stellar.

1 Like