Make images easier to upload.

I think I’m not the only one who is annoyed by the process of uploading photos here. You have to sign up for a photo-hosting website, upload your desired photos to your account there, then paste the direct link here.
I think it’s a bit much. But I know nothing about the size of the server here, so I don’t know if the current method makes it easier on YYE then the standard “click here to attach image” method.

The reason I’m saying this is because ive seen several forums that don’t require a link to paste an image. Why can’t we have the same?

I understand how some file sizes might be too large, but why not use a size limiter?

I’m just sayin’

Deal with it…

Or look under Additional Options and see how to Attach a file, which includes images.

I have to agree with this because bringing a photo in from another site causes sizing issues. I had to resize all of the dimensions of my photo just to make it look not stretched out, and then multiply them to make the image to how big I wanted it to be. It could be easier…

I’ll check on auto limiting the size of pictures. For now you must deal with it.

I tend to resize my images ahead of time to be less bulky anyways.

Then again, I have my own servers.

I tried to attach photos and it didn’t let me :stuck_out_tongue:

I believe there is a size limit. Try making it smaller first.

If you’re using photos with standard aspect ratio (is this the correct term to use for pictures???), then here’s my failsafe method for easy forum display:

//paste IMG code here//

Note the width and height set inside of the brackets. Fits perfectly for landscape-oriented pictures on standard-res screens, and you don’t even have to go through the hassle of resizing the pics in an image editor. Yeah it’s a couple extra words but once you get it down to a rhythm it’s not even a problem.

1 Like

The forum automatically enforces those size rules. The problem with doing that, is now you have changed the display size without actually changing the filesize. I’m on a 1.3mb connection (that’s 160KB). Threads where people post a bunch of high-res images with their display sizes tampered with do not make me happy.

Learn basic image editing.

1 Like

Is it really THAT hard to get a [insert image hosting site of your choice]? Just put your big boy pants on and deal with it…

1 Like

Simple solution #2: (not directed towards you mrcnja) Photobucket has a tool that with two clicks resizes your images to predefined resolutions. The “medium” option is your forum-friendly 640x480 resolution mentioned earlier.

2 Likes

640x480 is sufficient for anything posted on a forum. Most image editors have a resizer. Also sometimes it pays to crop the image. It’s really annoying when someone posts a huge pic and the yoyo is only maybe an inch and a half segment in the middle.

Yeah mrcnja is right. and so are most of you. No auto resizer. Deal with it.