Mainly Multis Yoyo Contest (online)

I probably should have posted sooner, but me and some friends are hosting an online yoyo contest! The deadline to submit is in 5 days and we don’t have a ton of people. There are prelims (1 min) and Finals (2 mins).

Prelim evals are Trick presentation, and Choreography. %70 tech % 30 evals

For Finals there are 4 eval categories: Choreography, Rarity, Trick diversity, and Entertainment.

Choreography, doing tricks to your music and doing tricks on cues weather big or small. (little tricks on little cues and big tricks on big cues).
Rarity, doing original tricks and stuff that is uncommon will get you a high score. (don’t do meta and speed combos as they are not rare).
Trick diversity, having a well-balanced trickset will help you to score high in this category. (doing arm, behind the back front style and doing other tricks in different zones will help you score high)
Entertainment, how interesting the freestyle is and how your routine is constructed.
the Final scoresheet will be 60% tech and 40% evals (edited)

the video must be one take and not have any video effects or you will be disqualified. you ARE allowed to edit your music over.

Free entry.

Please keep your music family friendly.

So yeah Thought i would put it out there and see if we can get a few more people. We do have a prize for first place. It is a Jester by Wicked Yoyos.

Here is the Video Submission form. Please rename your video file your name and the round (prelim or final) before you submit it
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1haYddrFH8v05DndLCoV_mnv27m4z8TnaUORrMZaU2SU

10 Likes

If you have any questions, Please don’t hesitate to ask

4 Likes

Mind if I repost this around a bit to my club and such. I know a few folks that want to do contests but haven’t had a chance and might be interested in doing online stuff

2 Likes

yes! please share!

2 Likes

UPDATE! took out prelims. 2 min 1A freestyles only!

2 Likes

Sounds cool, if I’m ready in 5 days then I’m in.

FYI it’s fairly unlikely that I can choreograph a routine in 5 days, we’ll see. And right now I’m sitting on my new tricks so that I have something original for Ante. Other people who intend to enter the AnteYYC might be holding on to theirs too.

3 Likes

we are extending the deadline. i will get the new date out soon.

2 Likes

I’d love to join!

3 Likes

When is the video due?

1 Like

21st

It’s due rn right?

deadline is tomorrow at 11:59 pm central time

3 Likes