Planning My First Yo-Yo Contest (AUGUST 31st)

Hey guys!

I am currently planning to host my very first online yoyo contest. My plans are to live stream the contest on my twitch channel which you can find here: Twitch

This first contest will be a best trick contest! All of the participants will livestream their best trick using the discord app which you can use on your computer or your mobile phone, either will work. Each player will get 5 chances to land their best trick/combo.

There will be 2 different Divisions

*Beginner (throwing 1 year or less)
*Advanced (throwing 1 year or more)

Join my discord server here: Breakaway Cotton

This is where you will sign up to enter!

Once you join the server go to the contest #1 sign up page in the text channel and drop your first and last name

I will have a few judges rate each trick from 1-10, and the player with the highest overall score will win.

I am still working on all of the details including prizes, but there will be a cash prize plus some yoyos. If you are interested in participating in this contest then please BE SURE TO GO AND FOLLOW MY TWITCH CHANNEL AS WELL AS COMMENTING ON THIS POST TO LET ME KNOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO COMPETE!

Also if you would like to help with the organization, promotion, or judging for the contest then should be a dm! Any help would be much appreciated. Have a blessed day everyone.

8 Likes

Awesome Cotton bro… :heart: Great Job

1 Like

I don’t think I’ll be competing but I would love to watch. Also love the simplicity of the judging.

2 Likes

Thanks for the support

Oh come on I know you got skills haha

1 Like

I might have some tricks in my back pocket but but not a freestyle lol. Love just throwing for fun.

P.S. do you have a rough idea of when this will take place?

1 Like

I would like to July 31st. Not promising that date yet but that’s what I’m aiming for. Just depends on what I can make happen. I have a lot of things I need to figure out

1 Like

Just participate bro … making freestyle isn’t matter .Just combine trick according to music

Thats all
COme on you can

1 Like

If you participate only you gonna know your ability !!! will be waiting for your participation

1 Like

Changed from freestyle to best trick contest. Figured music might be an issue so I’m going to start with a simple best trick contest which I feel like more people may enter.

1 Like

That’s good
music may have copyright issues

1 Like

exactly

1 Like

To sign up join my discord server which you can do by clicking this link: Breakaway Cotton

Once you join the server go to the contest #1 sign up page in the text channel and drop your first and last name!

1 Like

Shout out to Matt over at YYSL for sending me some prizes to include in my first contest! Planning to giveaway some yoyos and a nice CASH prize as well! Don’t forget to sign up!

2 Likes

it would be cool if you had different subcategories within the whole event.
example- players under 1 year throwing
- over 50

etc etc… idk just a thought, could help with involvement and participation

1 Like

This is a great idea!! Thanks for this

@Theycallmecotton The link isn’t working

1 Like

thanks. its fixed