Magicyoyo Skyva Problems

I just recently got a 3rd run Skyva and it only fingerspins for about 10 seconds. What Am I doing wrong?

Hard to say for sure, but probably. Is it rubbing on your finger?

1 Like

I’m using a soft finger, so no. The finger spin dimple does have a rough texture though. Is that the problem?

1 Like

Doubt it, unless you have a weird one. The dimple is machined out I’m pretty sure, so that’s why the texture is slightly more rough than the rest of the yoyo. At least that’s the case on mine, it’s slightly more rough but mostly still smooth. “Soft finger” to me means you’re allowing movement of the finger, which helps more when you don’t have the dimple to work with. Basically you let your finger handle the lateral movement instead of the yoyo. What I was talking about is your skin rubbing. The dimple is great for centering, but since it’s recessed, it also has greater potential for non-fingernail contact with the yoyo

1 Like

My fingernail is pretty short, so what I do is curl it slightly so I don’t get as much of my finger in the dimple. It doesn’t feel like much of my finger is touching the dimple, but I could be wrong. Should I just let my fingernail grow longer?

1 Like

Yes, that’s what I’d recommend

1 Like

Would doing that fix the problem?

20 seconds sounds pretty good to me :joy:

The Skyva is supposed to fingerspin for 50 at least.

Where are you getting your numbers from?

Most likely, that’s just a guess though. Having a longer nail always helps me, even with dimples

1 Like
  1. Maybe you aren’t in the centre dimple
  2. Finger is too big…?
  3. Super vibey Skyva, did you drop it?
  4. Harder throw
3 Likes

The Skyva isn’t supposed to fingerspin for any amount of time. No yo-yo is supposed to do a trick for you, it takes practice to get it right.

If you can fingerspin for 20 seconds you’re on the right track. Work on your horizontal throw, practice getting the yo-yo to your finger without slowing the spin, and try positioning your finger differently to see if you get better results.

5 Likes

I didn’t hit the Skyva on anything, but it did come and still has a little bit of vibe

Thanks for the info, it was really useful. But, what I’m trying to figure out is if the Yoyo has a defect.

1 Like

It doesn’t sound like it has a defect to me, but can’t say definitively without looking at it.

Can you notice any defects?

Closer pictures would be helpful. Take a picture looking down towards the axle and a profile view showing the gap shape.

1 Like

Here ya goimage image

1 Like

Mine has a rough texture too.

1 Like