Magic Beans (juggling thread)

A guy I used to work with used to say, “money doesn’t come with instructions.” In retrospect I wonder if he wasn’t trying to give me a hint.
Anyways, I have a lot of juggling bean bags.
For any of you wanting to venture into juggling, I highly recommend it, and I offer this info on bean bags. Most folks like to start with bean bags because they are easier to deal with and they don’t bounce off each other or roll so far when dropped.
There are so many considerations to keep in mind when you are getting started, but for the sake of keeping this simple, I just want to throw out a few observations about brands I bought and used. Please add content, ask questions or whatever about props you have used.
Last week I got some Jugglequip Infinities. They are very similar to Gballz, which I have seen but never owned. There are two very different qualities to them over other bags I have used. Firstly they are slightly grippy, hard to describe, but the catches are easier and they don’t slip. Secondly they don’t wobble. All of the other bean bags I have used don’t follow a clean arc like a ball. This doesn’t seem like a big deal, but I can already juggle longer with the infinities.
They cost more, but the third major difference ( at least so far ) is that the material is much more durable, like Gballz.
So the bags I have used a lot are Zeekio 12 panel, Zeekio Taylor Tries, and dubé 8 panel.
The Taylor Tries and the Dubé started cracking very soon. The Zeekio 12 panel are pretty bullet proof, but they are a little slippery and wobble a little, they are superior to the softer bags though.
This is a pic of the different bags, the Infinities are new, but I am already sold on them. These are medium 100% fill, they are okay for 3 or 4 ball, but maybe a bit big for 5. They feel slightly larger than the Taylor Tries and firmer than the Dubé. I plan on ordering small 115 g 100% fill when I try to learn 5 ball. The infinities are orange and white, dubé green and white, the Taylor Tries is black and white and almost new. You can see the cracking in the photo.

7 Likes