Luftverk Alpina?

Sooo… the Alpina looks like a titanium Deep State to me, with slightly CHONKIER rims? And as you can see it comes in 55mm and 47mm versions.

I have a Daytona (their previous slimline) already so I’m not necessarily dying to drop $300 on even more artisanal Ti slimline yo-yo fanciness… but I am a mega-fan :star_struck: of the Deep State so I am still intrigued.

Anyone got one of these, can comment on its deep-state-y-ness?

I do wish he was offering a different glass dust finish here that’d probably push me over the edge. The seafoam Silvia and pink 000 … were nice.

4 Likes

I thought the same thing, that it looked like a ti Deep State. I’m sure there will be ano’d versions. Has there been any luftverk that hasn’t had an ano’d version?

3 Likes

And then this is the Ultima.

I was thinking the same thing…
I love the Deep State and this, with the black bearing looks fantastic.

1 Like

I would have picked one up if it were not for other ti throws that consumed my budget this month. I dont own any throws that fit this profile so im intrigued… Ive just been keeping it safe with shapes i know ill enjoy. To your point, though. If there was an ultra matte offering that might push me over the edge. I want a stone looking yoyo in my life.

3 Likes

More like WAY CHONKIER! This is what kept me from being too interested. It just doesn’t seem in line with how this type of yoyo is usually designed. How hard must it be to loop with so much rim weight?

Also, those rims just don’t look comfortable. He even said it was “borderline unforgiving” in its spin power.

This could be just a completely different and wonderful animal, but I seriously doubt it plays much like the Deep State. I could be wrong, but I for one am waiting to see what others will say.

I did order a couple of the bearing blanks. I’m excited to try those!

2 Likes

I think it looks super rad. Just don’t have the $cratch for it at present. I LOVE the idea of a super deluxe titanium slimline, and the way it’s designed to run 3 ways makes me remember what we tried to do with the SPYY Flying V.

7 Likes

The edges look a little ‘sharp’. And I don’t feel like these would be comfortable in hand. And at 63-64 grams, that seems a little heavy for looping. Granted not as heavy as Whimsy’s 92g Lessur, though.

I’ll be passing on these, which is too bad because I’ve been itching for a new titanium.

2 Likes

Alpina looks beautiful, I didn’t see really pocket slimline titanium yoyo , and ordered xp 47, it’s like titanium Dingo :wink: and it can play in three different ways

4 Likes

Please report back!

2 Likes

Copped both hoping that the silly Easter egg is that you can 5a with the pair.

The similarity in shape to the Deep State and Dingo caught my eye. I was in the market for a slimline/pocketable throw, and the metal makes it perfect to EDC.

Edit. Forgot to add the 3-ways-to-play was a great incentive.

5 Likes

image image image

7 Likes

How is it?

I just got it, fantastic mini yoyo, i like how it plays in all three ways, perfect EDC

6 Likes

8 Likes

So cool… :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Which is your favorite way? I feel like I may keep mine unresponsive.

2 Likes

Ahahaha. Is that the Easter Egg?

3 Likes

I like responsive and fixed :wink:

3 Likes

XP/55 (with Theo in the background). Playing it responsive with the half-spec. The fixed bearing blank is super fun too!

7 Likes