Lubed responsive bearings (poll)

A properly lubed responsive bearing should be:

• 100% silent
  • A little noisy, but mostly quiet
  • As noisy as a dry bearing

0 voters

3 Likes

When do you dunk down the answer because now I’m second guessing myself.

1 Like

It’s a matter of opinion, and judging from the results so far there is no clear consensus between the first two choices. The poll allows you to pick up to two things, which was a mistake on my part, but I think we get a good picture of just how split opinions are.

2 Likes

I just lubed up my Whip today and its suuuuuper quiet but you can hear a little something. I think this depends on whether we’re talking like 0A greased up response or like a half spec thick lubed response.

Edit: it did say “lubed” so I assumed the half spec

1 Like

this depends on the lube. with the superlube 51010 (brain lube) that I use, some bearings still make a little bit of noise. when I used grease, the bearings were almost dead silent always.

3 Likes

I think the majority of this is in reference to Half Spec bearings. Being as such, unlike C bearings, we are limited in choice. My guess is they all come from the same place.

With the small demand, impoving the half spec bearing is probably low on the priority list. Unlike the C bearings that have gotten all the love.

I wish shielded half specs existed.

1 Like

My answer is that a properly lubed bearing isn’t dictated by sound.

3 Likes

I’d vote for that option.

Ivan

yeah i usually gauge how much lube i need by how responsive i want the yoyo but less noise is a nice plus. usually when i pack a bearing with grease its silent but if i use some thick lube it can make a bit of noise. in the end doesn’t really matter just needs to play good.