Lotus yoyo bearings!

Really the thing I’m most curious about here is what the logic behind their axles is. I’m not even willing to drop money for a titanium axle, but I can at least understand the logic behind titanium axles of giving you reduced center weight over steel. But these are just… completely standard steel axles?

Any of y’all can jump on too if you want. Not a private party haha

I agree…I don’t think they were meaning literally though…the n12 is already a great playing yoyo. Plays way more expensive than what it costs…add this bearing and I’m sure it plays even better. Does a Japanese bimetal really play that much better than any other high performance yoyo? My $80 rooc plays and feels alot like my $1000 anglam

I’m not arguing? Haha

2 Likes

right?
i’d love to hear like a more technical explanation of what their claims are based on.

yeah i know i know
so do you have time

2 Likes

What’s zoom

Like a video chat

1 Like

I will keep you updated after extensive use… but initial impressions…it significantly improved the yoyo i put it in and out performed the ds platinum bearing that I switched it out for. Was instantly able to add more tricks to one of my combos

I use ds platinum and gold in all my favorite yoyos… First impressions of the lotus… Its much better and makes my yoyo more powerful. Made me think bearings are more important than we think. It is the engine of the car btw. Saying a yoyo bearing isn’t important for performance is like saying a cars engine wont dictate how it performs

That was a funny read! :laughing:

1 Like

The engine is really the arm, right? Makes sense because it would take a really amazing bearing to save my tricks from my dainty arm.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

As someone who tried pretty much all the bearing there is from ceramic to DS platinum and who is super ocd about bearing maintaining. The website is kinda cap :sweat_smile:. A well maintained normal center trac still slaps tho.

5 Likes

Have you tried these bearings?

Not really. I mean if some one is willing to send me one I can do a review on it. Basing on past experiences I don’t see the bearing as a standout.

5 Likes

You believe all bearings perform the same?

I don’t. This is why I have alot of DS platinum I buy from yoyoexpert instead of just telling yoyofriends to give me free center trac. However the main difference is the yoyo design etc. Going from a just a normal center trac for me to a DS platinum (both well maintained) is not a huge performance upgrade. That for me stands true across most bearings I use. Then again these things are subjective and might be different from person to person depending on feel.

3 Likes

Can we at least all agree that flat bearings suck? :joy:

8 Likes

Yes!