Lotus yoyo bearings!

Why is nobody talking about these? They are incredible! My new favorite bearing

1 Like

I couldn’t find them on yye, could you pm me a link please :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

i’ve ran across their site a couple of times. I’ve read all their redactions and it all sounds shady and weird to me. Some of the stuff they say are extremely embellished truths or even straight up lies.

I simply don’t trust a company that does marketing this way.

6 Likes

What seems shady and like a lie to you? When I first installed one of their bearings…I immediately knew that bearings were more important than I thought. Can completely change the feel/ play of a yoyo. After I installed this bearing I noticed my yoyo was able to make it through longer combos, it was quieter, smoother, my yoyo felt different, and my yoyo binds much better.

this

That is extremely misleading info in my opinion, especially to a beginner who doesn’t know better.

4 Likes

stuff like this is also just shady, embellished truths. Almost lies.

Their bearings could be the best in the universe. Who knows.
If that is true, what is the need to use misleading marketing like this to sell your stuff.

3 Likes

Okay, saying that their bearing will turn a 15$ magicyoyo into a 100$+ bimetal is funny

7 Likes

Funny… and straight up BS lol.

It bothers me because it’s just such an ignorant take.

8 Likes

Idk… all I’m saying…I came across them… gave it a shot… and it completely changed the feel/play of my yoyo. It may be over exaggerated… but I don’t think its complete bs because it significantly improved my yoyo.

1 Like

Yikes . That marketing is particularly heinous because it seems to be aimed at newbies who don’t know any better.

7 Likes

You may not be understanding my point clearly here.

I just do not trust a brand that lies. They lie when they write off the mark stuff like that on their marketing.

I have no opinion about their bearings, as i have not tried them. Thye might as well be the best bearings in the universe.

If they are as good as they say, then it is a real bummer they have to use misleading marketing like this to drive their point across, to a point where it hurts them more than it helps them.

7 Likes

Completely agree with you @EOS44. the marketing is straight embellishment. @Theycallmecotton the bearing doesn’t make that much of a difference. And really, DS bearings has kinda proven that platings make a bigger difference with their gold and platinum-plated bearings. I would say, that all stainless steel is going to be better than a cheap bearing, but really beyond that it doesn’t really effect the play, only the feel.

I personally do not like loud bearings. This is why I prefer DS Platinum bearings… but it’s 100% about the sound and has little to do with the play.

2 Likes

I just want to clarify what i mean here.

A good quality bearing being able to make a yoyo play and feel better is facts.

A bearing making a $15 yoyo play like a $150 bimetal without taking into consideration every single other aspect that shapes how a yoyo plays (such as design, which is the thing that defines how a yoyo plays by 95% of it), thats what i think is BS.

1 Like

No I understood I just don’t completely agree. As I stated, it could be taken as over exaggerated but I don’t think its a lie as it did indeed significantly improve my yoyo

1 Like

I will say that some of the claims on their website are somewhat ludicrous, particularly the allegation that 8 ball bearings “run a minimum of 40% less RPMs than 10-ball”. Where did they get those numbers?

Also the misleading statement that most bearings have nylon cages. True, most bearings probably do, but any YOYO bearing I’ve ever seen is steel-caged.

“Stainless steel never stretches or breaks”. LOL whut?
There’s a lot more of the same that we could make fun of but I guess my point is, I gotta agree with EOS that their website makes me specifically NOT want to give them a try just on principle.

HOWEVER I am interested in your real-world experience with the bearing @Theycallmecotton! Since their website is pretty much trash, you’re kind of our only chance at getting a truthful idea of how the bearings actually work, particularly long-term. (I’m a little skeptical about 304 stainless being a good bearing material because I thought 304 was relatively soft.)

So please keep us updated! Also, maybe try throwing the bearing into a cheap vibey yoyo and see if it actually makes it play like a $150 throw! Would be a great topic for a future video! I know play quality is subjective but things like the amount of vibe can be shown in a video with fair accuracy.

Ivan

5 Likes

it didnt turn it into a japanese bimetal tho.

2 Likes

Ayy @Theycallmecotton you want to jump on a zoom with me and Marco?

We’re ready right now

Chris, stop arguing over bearings :rofl:

aye. i don’t wanna argue it either.

i saw whats on the table and decided it wasnt for me for the given reasons.

Frens are allowed to still enjoy it an use it if they want.

2 Likes