Lotus yoyo bearings!

OH BOY thats a discussion i don’t want to resurrect! :laughing:

9 Likes

I think in my 23 years of yoyoing Ive tried just about every bearing that has existed on the market at some point, and from all my years of experience, I feel even the “best” bearings done make much of a difference.

Sure some may have a slightly different feel, and there are definitely “bad” bearings don’t get me wrong, but a good bearing is simply another good bearing and any company trying to sling huge claims is trying to cater to the newbies who want to find the “secrets” when there really isn’t one to this game.

8 Likes

Lotus bearings website reads the same way snake-oil headphone cable makers website reads.

6 Likes

I’m dead

Between the lotus and nsk… the lotus most certainly offers significantly better spin time when both are used in the same yoyo.

$5 says you like flat bearings. Just because I don’t :smile:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::sweat_smile:

Idk about Eos, but I definitely do :smiley:

2 Likes

What do you like about the flat bearings vs centering?

1 Like

True!!

1 Like

They really emphasize just how pretentious I am and how much I hate progression.

11 Likes

I was gonna say. You liking flat bearings also means you prefer old school organics and don’t throw horizontally, right?

:joy:

Joking of course :joy::joy:

y’all
:skull:

LOL At least you admit it! :joy:

I’ll go next, with the brutal honesty: I like centering bearings because flat bearings accentuate how lazy I throw. I can throw straight if I want to, it just takes me a few throws to realize I’m using a flat bearing and actually start trying :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I have been throwing the OD rally lately and really like a flat bearing in it. Definitely not all throws but the OD 10ball is really good.

Nsk is abec5 I believe so lotus bearings theoretically are more precise… but I would bet good ceramic bearings have a lower friction coalition…

Side note lotus bearings even made my dinga-ling 1 inch bigger!

5 Likes

Fun fact.
Throwing Sideways never uses flat bearings in any releases, but we always send one in the yoyos that @BadWolfeCo buys just to mess with them.

12 Likes

hilarious

2 Likes

Well, I got good news and bad news>

The Company ‘Blowing hard from their section of Dreamland’ is pretty pretentious.

Putting the Worlds best tires on your Old VW Bug does not turn it into a Batmobile.

Stating that the Lotus bearing will magically turn an outhouse into a Magic carpet, is only believable if you’ve been smoking mushrooms and you refuse to believe people would never stoop to exaggerating the capabilities of their products.

But, that being understood, that does not mean their yo-yo bearings ‘suck’ to one degree or another.

The Lotus bearing could well be a very good bearing/value/whatever? So, their ‘hot air’ treatment does not absolutely indicate their bearings are ‘Lemons’. It is just easier to dismiss the actual quality of their products because their heavenly claims are over the top.

I think of their description came down from the clouds a few levels, people might be less skeptical of the bearing quality.

The Lotus bearings may be amazingly good. I don’t have one. I’ve never tried one. But the Company may indeed have excellent bearing options but you will never find out if they can’t get you to try one, can they?

So…… they tout their stuff with over the top claims, to get you buy into their fantasy.

Like somebody telling you they make the best chocolate shake. You can watch them make it. And you can watch them drink it. And…. They can have a big smile and tell you, ‘Mannnn is this delicious’. To get you to recognize the quality, they have to inspire you to ‘try one or buy one’.

The descriptions on their site aren’t designed to ‘make friends’. The descriptions are worded to, ‘make sales’.

They are counting on most folks to not know enough on the subject of bearings. So, their method to achieve sales is just their way of marketing.

PS… Chris Cotton is certainly no fool. His skill level is good enough to allow him to recognize if his yo-yos play better for him with a Lotus bearing in them. He is a very credible and honest guy. Unless his uncle Tony owns the Company, there is no reason to have large doubts about his opinion on how the bearings work for him.

14 Likes

Well you made me want a chocolate shake.

1 Like

I will say this… I started a thread here on YYE last Feb asking about this company. I was asking because everything they claimed seems to be a little lofty and I was skeptical even with spending just $15. On my thread I received all but ZERO replies to my questions so I figured that indeed it must be a scam.

I passed on trying their product.

There are a whole slew of reasons I that I could have received zero replies to my thread but I chalked up to no one had an opinion. I moved on without another thought until now.

I think the important thing here is that I had to ask because I didn’t believe their marketing. To me that seems like a poor go-to-market strategy. They just don’t have the credibility to be making all of these claims. Or if you are going to make these claims… show us. They say that there are all of the reviews on-line… I cant find one. They claim all of this testing with a few hundred yoyoy’s, low to high end… show us.

They also have a blog and to be fair it’s helpful content. It’s also content that anyone can pluck from this site or any number of other reputable yoyo sites. Everything is just generic enough to write it off as a scam.

I’m glad that you @Theycallmecotton got one a tried it. I’m also interested in a long term update. Can you tell us more about what you bought? Supergroove, Superscoop, Superstack?

I hope it works out.

2 Likes