Loops help

I need some help with my loops in skin the gerbil, The yoyo either falls off the trapeze or my string wraps around the yoyo. The only way I’m able to land it is if I bring my hands close together, but that messes up the flow of the trick. Need help on the motion and spacing of my hands

If you’re talking about the first part that you’re ending up with an extra wrap around the bearing (there are some parts later where you’re actually supposed to be doubled-on), you need to pay attention to your hands and make sure they rotate around each other. Easiest way to envision it is to try it without a yoyo. Take your NTH and point your pointer finger away from you as if a string is draped over it. Now take your TH pointer and point it in towards your body. Start moving your TH towards your NTH pointer, pass underneath, and begin circling around it (clockwise if right handed, counter if left) while your NTH pointer remains still. That’s the motion you need to be making, but with larger circles and more exaggerated movements when actually trying the trick.
As far as falling off the string, probably just need to keep your hands more in line or come in with more speed/ momentum.

2 Likes

Should my TH finger be moving pretty fast? In order to follow the yoyo so it doesn’t fall?

If you’re talking about the exercise I mentioned earlier, your NTH doesn’t move at all. Your TH is the one doing the moving, rotating around your NTH. That whole example is just to get familiar with the motion you need to be making with your hands so that you avoid doubling-on and getting the bearing wrap like you were. In practice, your NTH doesn’t need to remain “dead still” but you do still need to make sure your hands are passing around each other.
As far as speed, you’ll need enough to swing the yoyo around completely but there’s no need to get aggressive with it. Think of it as a kind of sideways brain twister.

1 Like

OOPS MY BAD, I meant my TH finger. But thanks for the additional advice

1 Like