Loop 720's Help

So i just acquired a pair, but they seem to slip a lot, i dont know if this is just me or if its the yoyo.

I tried replacing the string on 1 of them but it still seems to not help.

Iv also been looking everywhere for some sort of help on the thread pattern. Apparently the one i made sucks.

I have 1 threaded with regular white cotton and 1 with slick 6. No work.
Iv played them with both cotton and slick 6 and still no work.

Iv also lubed the bearings but still no luck.

Can anyone help me out here?

What string is best for threading?
What string is best for playing?
What thread patterns are there?

Thanks.

PS: i know they come with instructions, and i check them out. They link you to some random unfinished website which gives you what comes on the packaging.

http://sites.google.com/site/loop720/home

The site also gives you a link to a video on changing the response, but the only thing this teaches you is how to basically take the yoyo apart.

Try making the pattern on each yo-yo twice. Another way to say it: double-loop the response through the holes.

I use 100% polyester string for the response. If you keep the tension in the string, (don’t let it unwind after separating it) it will increase the response a bit.

If you break the needle that came with the yo-yos, just use a bigger, heavier-duty one.

-Jacob

I know it completely bypasses you question, but why don’t you just wrap the string around the axle more times?

For your question, what you probably want to do is just thread away, a lot. And if your mother forced you to knit*, it shouldn’t be difficult, just make sure your threads are tight.

Another tip I have is to remove the spacers, if there are any.

*Don’t worry, it’s manly :slight_smile:
But it is also a valuable skill for modding

I dont play my 720 anymore because I never could figure out how to reweave them properly :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe someone will post a great way to do it. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVWDdkqDZac

pffffft  I bet after you watch this, you will realize you could have though of how to do this yourself.

It’s not just about putting a strung on or looping the axle. You have to figure out a way to weav it properly or else it’s just going to slip.

After I posted this I experimented with them. I’ll post a pattern when I get access to pc. So far it’s worked awesome.