help me with my loop 720!!

i have a pair of loop 720. one of it doesnt work so well… when i start to loop it feels like jumping forward and backward, it have a quite smooth bearing sound. And the other one is work pretty well, have a good response and noisy bearing sound… i never change or do something with its SOS since i don’t know how to open the cap and its was not a new one, it was a used yoyo i bought it from my friend

please any body… give me some solution for my yoyo…

please help me… are you guys doesn’t understand my words??

I dont know anything about the 720

Perhaps put some oil in the smooth bearing

Does the bad one sleep at all?

get some tri flow or teflon lubricant and put it on the string.

What does that do?
Sounds like a bad idea to me.

As to the original question…

If I understand you, it sounds like your response is bad and you are not getting a good rewind on the yoyo.

What is the condition of the string? Looping tends to wear out string quickly, and worn string tends make a yoyo play bad. It will affect response adversely.

The other thing is to check to yoyo response mechanism. Those use the string loops in the shell for response don’t they? Take the yoyos apart and compare the one that doesn’t work to the one that does. replace the string loops if they look worn.

Also lube the bearings on both of them. That will improve the response as well. Unlike a yoyo used for string tricks, response is a good thing in a yoyo.

The SOS stystem causes alot of friction between the string and… the other string. If you look at the gap, there is no space between the response strings and the normal string. The lube will help it sleep longer for wraps and be more reliable.

P.S. I got this tip from Pat Mitchell.

Another thing you must be carefull with is when the string frays. If you have that extra piece of string sticking out and you open and close the yoyo string can get caught between the bearing and spacer. That makes it so the bearing can spin very well. That happened to mine and I still cant get the freaking bearing and spacer apart.

• Mitch:it sleep, with smooth sound
    -jhb8426 : yes, you’re right. I play with 100% type 6 polyester string, since i haven’t cotton blend…is it have an effect? and there is no space between my SOS and string but the SOS looks worn… and, which lube?? can you give me some examples?

take a look, this video is made for PGM and protostar but i can use the tricks to remove my loop 720 spacer as well

Yeah I know that method, its just really hard to do on my 720s