not sure if this is the place, but I’m looking to get a new yoyo (or like 9, idk, just quitting another rather destructive + expensive hobby so i have a relatively enormous amount of disposable income) and was wondering if anyone could toss some options at me because I recognize maybe 2 percent of what’s currently on the market
Looking for something…
- Bigger (or at least normal sized, my hands are huge and I have too many undersized throws anyway. Plus i think i’ve done maybe 2 grinds in my entire life so the extra surface area really isn’t a big thing)
- Heavier (66+ grams, I’m not the little boi i once was way back in 2007 when i started)
- light green or red (or any cool color really, finding that this influences what i pick up a lot more lately)
- Silicone response or ready for it (i have like 200 different size pads man, i’m so done with taking 30 minutes to find the right one every time i change them)
- Not a huge gap between the response and the bearing, ie no .555 dia pads recession on an a or d size bearing
Not too sure about gap size. I used to pretend to like small bearings and small gaps to be a cool special snowflake hipster, but at some point i realized i was just pretending and started buying only C-size max-gap monsters and later realized those weren’t really my thing either (unless they had a wide sili recess) because of the looser binds and slipping. Probably like something from a maxed-out A-gap to a maxed out c-gap depending on the response.
Not terribly sure where i stand on the solid vs floaty scale, but i LOVE the Kyo senza nome for it’s ability to avoid jerkiness while remaining floaty. Other favorites include the spyy addict, hspin pyro, kyo alph, difeyo tank, 44re stardust, and YYF superstar. actually, probably just about everything made by YYF tbh. Loved my protostar until i lost it, the whole 888 line is golden, (have a couple 08s, a beaten aqua and a pretty new sb silver that all rock, 4 dv888s, probably some other’s i’m spacing on)
so yeah, if you made it through and have any suggestions i’m all ears. always kinda wanted a ti yoyo too, so don’t be worried about suggesting anything pretty out there.
oh, and apparently string is a really big thing now too? I’m down to my last 50 or so and might as well try some of the new stuff if you have any personal favorites.