Looking for reviews on the Luftverk's Ceramic bearing

any Luftverk Ti owner here?
I just bought an Acadia bimetal but it’s coming without the ceramic bearing
i’m unsure if it’s worth it to get it from Luftverk site since $30 shipped is kinda steep for a bearing.
Looking for reviews from actual owners if the bearing is long spinning and not too loud.

Most of Luftverk’s recent yo-yos haven’t shipped with a ceramic bearing. Ceramic bearings are always loud, as you run them dry. They’re only real purpose is if you’re somewhere with crazy humidity and you have issues with metal bearings rusting. Otherwise just stick with a normal bearing.

2 Likes

30 for one bearing… jeez. I can’t justify that in my head at all. I’ve never used a full ceramic, but I would be hard pressed on making that purchase and feeling okay about it.

2 Likes

Not quite, the Aluminum Nitride Acadia shipped with a full ceramic.

Well, the very vast majority of them.

Most of the Acadia runs, Daytona, 000, 000 BTM, 000 SE, Alpina, etc all have steel bearings.

You get me :sob:! That’s why i’m looking for reviews because i always feel like the best bearing always the one that come with the yoyo.

1 Like

As for the topic of the post: they’re very, very nice bearings; I don’t know about longer spinning but they feel quite smooth. Mine is pretty quiet, quieter than a lot of steel bearings I have, though nothing will be as quiet as a properly lubed steel bearing. While I love how it plays in the throw I have, at $30 I would be hard pressed to pick one up over a couple YYR DS or a pair of DS Platinums (if either were in stock).

Basically if a yo-yo comes with one it’s a bonus, but I’m most likely not going to specifically seek out and purchase one over going with a nice steel bearing.

2 Likes

The ceramic bearing was included but the original owner probably hoarded it. The bimetal only costs me $320 so i can’t really complain :rofl:

1 Like

honestly for 30 you could go to Ross at Hollywood modern yoyos and buy like 5 center track or 10 concave and have enough bearings for every yoyo you plan to buy for a while.

Thanks for your review! I’m also waiting for YYE to restock the YYR DS platinum and the NSK Concave bearing for that free shipping :yum:

Not sure if you own any malzaltop ceramic bearing?

I’ve personally had no luck with all ceramic bearings
And I have tried a bunch

Luftverk
Mazel tops
Budda
Zeekio
Sochi

none of the all ceramic bearings have been good for me:
They just seem to be loud and go responsive much more frequently than SS bearings or hybrid
But they do add a nice visual aesthetic
I keep one in my first base, cause I think it’s funny to have a bearing in it that cost more than the yo-yo. (It also has a Ti axel :yum:)

3 Likes

i have the mazaltops Cookies N Cream full ceramic, how does the luftverk compare to it?

Not really, in first Raw run and second Anodized run, there is no ceramic bearing include.

Only Luftverk drop with Ceramic are:
AMS Tundra
AMS Acadia
Ultramtte Acadia
AMS Evora R
Ultramatte Evora
Lastly is Acadia Black Anodize

For real? i can’t imagine paying $515 without the ceramic one

1 Like

It just doesn’t matter. The bearing isn’t what makes these so expensive lol.

2 Likes

Well, the AMS is 550 and Ultrmatte is 580 so I think he saved it for special version only.

Actually you pay for the precision of design, machining, qc, etc. you pay for the quality, the performance, the fun and it all makes sense

i mean at least throw in a ceramic bearing with that cost :rofl: it feels unfair since the ACADIA (TIALN) BLACK costs the same $340 and $515 but it comes with the ceramic.

Take it as the farewell of Acadia which Jeffrey mentioned he is not likely to produce it again and the Black anodize is one of the special method that he want to save it for last. So that’s why TiAl anodize is special to him.

1 Like

I see! What your thought on the ceramic bearing tho?

1 Like