Looking for really Bright/Soft thread…

I think the best bet for you is to read up on it a bit if you don’t know what reduction is.

Lots of good info here, and the last post has a link that leads you to a treasure trove of information.

Making string is simple, but also kinda not if you have a very specific goal. It’s why Zipline charges boutique prices, he modifies his blend over and over and over, small tweaks here and there to refine what he was looking for.

No real recommendations because they all serve their purpose. All I’ll say is, do not buy Gutterman wooly nylon (i got this at Joannes), it’s the only one I hated. Everything else that I’ve tried all has it’s place depending on your preference or goal.

I don’t want super soft string like mazal top, or zipline’s Skyline. If that is up your alley, I’m going to go on a wild guess and say they use YLI Wooly nylon.

The rest of the wooly nylon is literally just thinner or thicker, stretchy, or not as stretchy. So those variances can be an advantage or disadvantage. It’s why I don’t think recommending one brand is good. You can even try mixing two wooly nylon brands together … i don’t think anyone’s tried that except me.

I’ve tried YLI Extra Wooly, and it wasn’t for me, but it could be what you want. That’s what I’m saying about just trying brands and experiment with different combinations, reductions, etc.

2 Likes