Looking for comparison of playmaxx metals

Hi everyone, I just wanted to know what peoples thoughts are on all of the old-school playmaxx metals vs the new responsive metals?

Is the cold fusion, isotope, and nucleus better or worse than the alleycat, deep state, confusion, or any other modern responsive?

1 Like

funny you mention it, i had my cold fusion gt out today. i was still playing the original bumblebee strings on it, so i (finally) decided to switch them out to what i use in all my modern responsives (for the time being), kitty fat… it definitely needs the narrower string, lol…

i have/had a majority of the modern responsives (deep state, alley cat 650b, gamer, confusion, tk sb/2, daytona/sb, walter and spencer…), better or worse is subjective… the cork pad response is arguably a worse choice for response compared to todays standards. however, i find the cfgt to still be playable and competent.

“in my experience” i find it to be a better quality throw than gamer & confusion (for obvious reasons.) performance-wise, definitely better than both, but the confusion could be considered a good deal. comparing the deep state and alley cat to the cfgt, you’re more stepping into a different field… those are both slim lines, performing completely differently. very able pieces i go back and forth in between.

“in my experience” if i was going to think up something real quick, and be like, man… what would be an awesome throw like… that should replace the cfgt in the future… it would be my theodore.

if you want a cold fusion, or a cfgt… i have a ton, and you can have a couple on the cheap :wink:

2 Likes