Modern responsive metal slimlines and loops?

While it seems that looping is not a big part of modern responsive play, I like looping type tricks. I’ve been looking around, and I’m curious how the current lineup of modern bearing responsives stack up when it comes to looping. I understand and am comfortable with tuning responsiveness, and have a decent understanding of what makes a good looper, but looking for that hands on experience that I can’t get without just buying them all. Which, if I’m being honest, I’m likely to do anyway over time. It’s a minor concern over overall playability, but given a choice between two equally capable throws, it might be the deciding factor. Thanks in advance for your time!

1 Like

plastic and wood is much better. if you must metal, make sure it’s light and responsive (semi responsive won’t do as good.)

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. I should have been clear that I’m not looking for a dedicated looper, I’ve got that pretty well covered already. But I dream of a single pocketable throw that covers as many play options as possible, knowing that it won’t be great at any specific thing. I’m just trying to figure out what the compromises have to be to get there, and whether I’m willing to live with them.

2 Likes

I feel you on this. You can kinda loop on some butterfly shaped yoyos, but not rim weighted ones.

The first of the modern and a classic dressed up for 2019

2 Likes

I’m guessing that a slimline metal like the Deep State or Alleycat is the best bet for what you are looking for. Personally I’d rather set my yoyos up for specific play styles; the jack of all trades, master of none idea makes me think of mediocrity all around, but if your jam is versatility, then these are the two most touted for being able to do so (depending on how you tune them).

2 Likes