Looking for another high-end metal

Does anyone have any good suggestions for another high-end? I’m actually looking for something that’s smooth and a little floaty. I don’t really care if it’s fast or slow. So far, I’m using the Shutter, and it’s been my main throw everywhere I go. At this point I need something else because I refuse to believe that the Shutter is considered a high-end. Also, if it’s good at grinds or finger spins, I would like that.

(Just in case, I apologize if I offended anyone for what I said about the Shutter.)

Do you have a certain price point you are looking at? Also do you have any preferences in brand?

Prices, not really, but the lower the better. Brands, I’m willing to try anything. I’ve look at many brands like YYF and Duncan and RecRev. Particularly, I am really interested in Werrd, IYOYO, and CLYW. Who doesn’t love CLYW?

Weekend

Valor

Triton

MonkeyfingeR evil 2

Cyborg 2.0

The one drop t1 is the definition of floaty!!

1 Like

it s just a fat barracuda.

I wouldn’t say the valor is floaty but it is certainly an amazing yoyo. One of my favorites. I didn’t find the finish to be great for finger spins as it slows it down. Solid, fast, dead smooth and absolutely beautiful(mine is the ayame colorway). And for a v shape, it is extremely comfortable. If you end up with the valor, you won’t be disappointed. It def gives you that feeling of high end at a decent price point.

CLYW makes some amazing throws. I love every CLYW I played. I own 6 or sound love them all. Pretty pricey but I think it’s worth it(although I have never paid full price for one). If you don’t mind forking out the money, I say go for it(or buy used. You can get some great deals here at the bst). The chief is a pleasure. Very unique. Light, floaty, easy to play and extremely comfortable. Orca is also amazing. Solid, stable, wicked smooth. Puffin 2 is my favorite because it’s pretty unique. Smaller than most, agile if you want, floaty and chill if you like all while having special characteristics. Any CLYW in my book is a good choice.

If I were to go with a “high end” throw, I’d turn to one drop or CLYW just because they give me a special feeling when I play them. Both companies make you want to support them and most of their throws are unique and quite pleasurable.