Looking for an enjoyable and capable throw

So Im looking at yoyos in the $50-65 price range and rn im debating whether I should get the Author or the metal Yeti. Any thoughts on these yoyos? Reccomendations?

I’ve heard the krown 6061 is pretty good… and it’s got some beautiful color ways.

4 Likes

See if you can find a Markmont Classic on a BST somewhere. You won’t regret it.

1 Like

Intro.

2 Likes

I think the yeti is an excellent throw for the price. You really can’t go wrong with either choice. Both manufacturers make top notch throws that are smooth.

2 Likes

So far, every response has suggested a very good yo-yo.

But… since ‘you’ mentioned the metal Yeti>

That is a most excellent choice.

The Metal Yeti is very, very good.

5 Likes

I LOVE both of those options. Author is great if you want a lighter throw that still plays nicely. Yeti is slightly oversized but also plays very well. Tons of great options out there that are both “enjoyable” and “capable” but I believe both of these fit the bill. Just a matter of which route you want to take as they are very different.

1 Like

That would be cool, I dont have any c3 yoyos yet

At that price point, go even lower. get the Topyo Silenus… theres some beautiful color ways and it throws just as good as most of my one drops and SOME of my CLYWS.

Please check out the silenus. It is preforms well over the 35$.

1 Like

Looks like im buying a yeti lol

I would argue its much better then either the Yeti or Author.

Yesss I have a silenus and I absolutely love it. It is powerful and sooooo smooth.

2 Likes

Then go for the yeti out of the two!

Im definitely leaning towards it :sweat_smile:. One last thing tho, if you have played with a yeti before how stable would you rate it?

I would say its stable because its pretty big… the shape is super steep and its incredibly easy to land tricks on. That being said there are definitely more comfortable shapes to throw, but its all preference. Stability is not an issue though by any means. And its a CLYW so you know what youre getting!

Agree with the others, the metal Yeti is a great throw. Like Roy said, it is a bit on the large side, but a solid performer and a yoyo i frequently reach for when trying something new.

The 6061 Krown was also mentioned. I got one and it us an absolute performance monster. I never fully understood what a “fast” throw was before i got one. It really makes you want to play faster and faster. I like this throw a lot, but i don’t normally like to play this fast. Id recommend it as a budget yoyo that performs at a high level. Ill probably use it when i take the leap into horizontal play.

I 100% recommend the winglet by zero gravity Yoyos. Excellent throw, extremely enjoyable, very very capable. Grinds, thumb grinds, talon grinds, finger spins, fast and floaty play, but still Stable, controlable, and spins forever. Plus they’re less than $40.

1 Like

Highly stable.

Bro I just looked up the winglet and its design is crazy unique :ok_hand: looks super fun

1 Like

Daang that sounds great, I’ll definitely look into the krown some more

1 Like