Looking for a performance monometal

Also the stum panzer d starter2? Would like to get my hands on one.
7075 62.8g and with a d sized bearing.

Performance-wise, the Kuntosh 5000QV runs rings around the Ashigaru. However, the Kuntosh is nearly twice the price, so that may weigh into your decision. If durability is at all a concern, maybe look out for a hardcoat edition Kuntosh 5000QV on a BST.

Honestly, I’m not sure you’re going to find much out there that improves on the Sunbird you already have, especially given your weight requirements.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for their suggestions.

I’m going to be sticking with the Sunbird for now. A few days ago I ordered a used one off of a very famous auction website as a spare. (@Manxyoyos Did you just sell a pink/purple fade Sunbird? I might be the one you sold it it to. :grinning:)

Hopefully either the Puff Adder, Garret, or the Kuntosh 5kqv gets restocked at some point soon and I’ll get a chance to try those out. If anyone has other suggestions let me know.
Thanks again!

2 Likes

If you get a chance I’d check out the kappa as well

2 Likes

Yep!! I sold it on ebay a couple of weeks ago😁

1 Like

Throwing sideways beanie is very very nice. Its big and wide, with a good balance of power and float.
Its great fun and can perform a lot of tricks Theres a few on another throwing website, with a second run being discussed. I believe its cheaper then all of those options you listed. I think its the same cost as a sunbird.

Puff adder and atra are good, and retic is releasing something new within the next month

7 Likes

Jensen said there would be another garret drop early december

1 Like

Puff Adder is not sold out. Still have about 5 colors. Check the website or pm and I can help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I love the edge line. I think the mono edge is one of my favorite by far. Can’t go wrong. The ultimatim is lighter in feel but is very balanced and spin forever. The Edge (bimetal) is so good i carry it daily. Mono and bi are very similar.

2 Likes

I never cared for the K’Edge. It just doesn’t have the performance characteristic of the Edge brand, IMO.

In fact, I have a MIB green K’Edge if anyone is interested in one…

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Bought a back up sunbird off the second market. But I also went with the C3 Crown and the Circle City Warbird. Both colorways were decent ones I liked and were also the last ones in stock on another vendor’s website. There was also a sale going on so basically those were the deciding factors. Generally I’m pretty happy with both.

My only complaint with the C3 Crown is the large logo but at least it’s hidden a bit in the crazy anodized pattern.

Regarding the Warbird, and Circle City Yoyos in general, Bradd if you are out there reading this–I love your yoyos. I hope you and your family are well.

3 Likes

Hey thanks for the heads up!! I didn’t check the actual Retic site. The puff adder is on my list of things to get as soon as my next paycheck comes.

2 Likes

Still looking?

Yoyoexpert drop Sugar tomorrow.

3 Likes

Thanks, but Sugar is coming in at 66g which is above my 64g weight limit.

Of course I am biased, but I definitely agree with this. Especially if you’re a intermediate/beginner and don’t have a particular style developed yet. The Ashigaru is a real jack of all trades, It’s good at everything pretty equally. And the laser engraving is understated like you mentioned.

Just my thoughts. There are many good options out there.

1 Like

If you can find it on the BST, I highly recommend the unprld Corruption. It is ~63 grams and plays so fast. It has a bi-metal feel where the weight is on the rims and the walls are thinner. For me, speed combos are a breeze. Price-wise, I have seen it from ~25 to 63. I think you might like it

1 Like