Looking for a new yo-yo. What do you think I should get?

I’m looking for a yoyo that I can carry around with me and do some great tricks, but cheap enough I won’t have to worry about dinging it.

1. What size do you prefer? (Big, small, medium, etc)
    Small to medium.

2. What shape do you prefer? (Be specific: Round Butterfly, Flat Rims, pointy shape, H-Shape)
    Round Butterfly.

3. What response do you prefer? (Silicone, O-Ring, Hybrid, Pad, etc)
    For this yoyo, adjustable starburst/does not matter.

4. Do you like to mod/maintain it?
    No.

5. What weight is ideal to you?
    Around 65-70 grams.

6. Does color matter?
    I’d like lime green, but in the great scheme of things it does not matter.

7. How does your style relate to the yoyo? (What kind of tricks do you like to do?)
    I will mostly be doing 1A, but it’d be nice if the yoyo could do some 5A.

8. What is your price range?
    $20 or under. Preferably $15.

9. What is your skill level?
    Advanced, but as stated above I’d like to use this yoyo to impress. So It would be nice if the yoyo is able to do some master tricks when I get good enough.

I don’t know if such a yoyo is even out there. :wink:

YoYoJam Legacy.

You like the Dark Magic? You’ll love the Legacy. It’s 20 dollars, comes unresponsive stock and will get you throw your whole yo-yoing career.

I would recommend taking a look at the Kickside or the Lyn Fury. Both are great, yet inexpensive yo-yos.

http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/kickside/view/images/02.jpghttp://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/lyn-fury/view/images/02.jpg
The Kickside is bigger and a little more rounded, but…

The Lyn Fury comes in green! ;D
http://yoyoexpert.com/product/yoyojam/lyn-fury/view/images/solid-green.jpg

Like I said, both yo-yos should be great for you. With a lot of love and play, they’ll play wonderfully.

Both cost $15 and play great 5A. The Kickside has an adjustable gap, while the Lyn already has a wide gap stock. The Lyn Fury still has an adjustable gap, but it won’t be able to “adjust” as much as the Kickside. Anyways, at this point, it’s a choice between shape, size, and looks.

1 Like

It might be a little bit lighter than what you want, but I recommend the Journey if you don’t like what the others have suggested.

1 Like

I would highly recommend the lyn fury. I have one and can do all of my tricks on it and I am on master and above.

Thank you everyone for your recommendations!

I think it’s between Lyn Fury and KickSide! :slight_smile:

I would also recommend the Lyn Fury. Although you can use Synergy caps on the Kickside…for fun. ;D

I think KickSide…

Kickside ftw

The Kickside is PERFECT for you.

The Kickside and Lyn are both great choices. The Kickside DOES come in lime green, but I prefer the Lyn’s response by far.

It’s not in stock, though.

My vote goes for the Lyn as well.

Yeah. That Lyn looks pretty sweet! 8)

I prefer the Lyn. The response is so much better and you can silicone it. ;D

Fixed.

Whoa. You just went lilithbunny on us…

Also, you said you prefer small to medium size. Kickside is more of a full size yoyo (having a 56mm diameter) and the Lyn is a medium sized yoyo (having a 54mm diameter).

Anyway, it doesn’t really matter which one you choose, both of them are excellent yoyos. :slight_smile:

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, she hasn’t been around :frowning: Shame, as many people bought her string.