Good cheap pocket carry?

I was just wondering if anyone had a good suggestion for a cheap (under $25) yoyo that would be good for just carrying around. Something that plays relatively well, but where it wouldn’t be that big a deal if it hit pavement or if I let someone try it out and they smacked it into something. I’m reasonably skilled and can do some of the more basic whips and slacks (slack trapeze, hidemasa, brent stole, etc) as well as more advanced technical tricks. My main throws at the moment are a Protostar and a Yuuksta, but like I said I’d really like to get something I won’t be too worried about abusing. I’ve been looking at the Lyn and Speedmaker, but I’d like some recommendations before I actually get something (money’s a bit tight). Also, I’d prefer if you keep to Duncan, YYF and YYJ, just because I can pick those up at the local shop, but I’m open to anything

Lyn Fury or a Glow in the Dark Die Nasty

yyf starlite is good, but it is very rigid and MIGHT crack if it’s hit hard. Comes with a dry bearing and is very loud. It also has sharp edges, so your friend might get a bruise if it hits them in the face. It has dimples on the edge/rim, where the plastic was injected into the mold, so you’d feel it wen grinding. I’d pick this one.

Lyn Fury has those annoying dimples around the rubber response (4 on each side), that hit the string and make it vibe (unless your throw is perfect). But, it’s made of celcon, so it’s good against abuse. It comes responsive.

Thanks for the quick replies! I actually hadn’t even thought about the Die Nasty. I’ll have to look into that one. It looks like a pretty good player, though

I’ve actually gotten to throw a Starlite. It’s definitely a good throw, but it felt a little odd to me, and I’m not entirely sure what it was. It might have been something as simple as string length, but the way it played in that little bit of time just didn’t seem to suit me

Kickside. The material wont crack itll ding like a metal, i think.Correct me if im wrong.

I agree with the Kickside. It’s a great, inexpensive throw. I used one for my daily pocket throw for a long time, and I absolutely beat the crap out of it and it never let me down.

The legacy would be perfect

Kickside. It is a great yoyo, can take a beating, and still plays smooth. :slight_smile:

YYJ Journey.

so how do the Lyn, Kickside, and Journey compare to each other? I know what the responses are in each of them are, but it’s hard to get an idea of what the feel like otherwise just reading the specs

Just pick the one that you think would fit you the best, most modern yoyos will spin long enough to do any trick you want.

heh, yeah I suppose that’s probably the way to do it. I’ll probably head down to the shop Saturday and figure out what fits best

I would say a velocity would be perfect, I always carry one in my pocket to mess about with while I’m out and about and it really suits whatever style I want to throw at it, I know some people think the adjustable responsiveness is gimmicky but it’s nice to be able to use it for looping while I’m walking around and then switch it up for string tricks when I’m waiting for a bus or something.

If you can bind well, I’d suggest the Yoyojam Legacy. It’s really cheap and has really good sleep times  ;)  Here’s a link…

why not pocket change? My recommendation is standing on twigs because i’ve never had one but it seems this is what its made for.

it fits the budget, but it seems like I’ve heard that it likes to fall apart and some other odd things like that, so it seems like I could get a better bang for my buck out of the YYJ plastics, for instance

cool beans