Looking for a new unresponsive yoyo

Hi I am looking to step-up and buy a new yoyo that is unresponsive and can sleep long, so I can get better at some of the intermediate string tricks, which I am about half-way through. Right now I have a Pocket Pro Zombie, which is a good yoyo, but doesn’t sleep for very long (especially on the string) and is responsive. Some of my friends recommended the dv888, which seems like a great yoyo, but I was wondering if there are any thoughts for other awesome yoyos, or if I should spend more to buy a Yuuksta, or something like that. Would it be good to get something like an SR-71 that comes with 2 bearings? Any suggestions?

Also, would it be wise to buy some thin lube when I purchase a yoyo? ???

for an affordable unresponsive I will always put the protostar before all else.
It’s capable of everything ever and it can spin as long as your throw can make it happen. Also…it’s inexpensive.

does it feel good to hold in your hand, or kind of bulky?

I would recommend a Grind Machine. It is a great sleeper, very inexpensive, and even has hubstacks.

I would reccomend just cleaning the bearing on your zombie.Or get any of the YYJ yoyos. They can all be made unresponsive.

I would get a starlight, poly string, and some thin lube

protostar and legacy are great yoyos

When you do decide to get your yoyo, defiantly get some thin lube along with it. That will help make it unresponsive and keep it playing longer.

As for two cents, go for a $40ish yoyo from yoyojam. Which everyone looks the coolest is the one you should get since they are all awesome as is.

If your throw isn’t perfect, the Yuuksta’s shape will allow it to sleep longer. The part of the yoyo that touches the string would be closer to the center. The bearing is loud, but that can be changed.
SR-71 also domes outward near the bearing (slightly), so it’s pretty good in that respect. The plastic makes a lot of noise, when the yoyo’s spinning.
My starlite came with some pretty big factory flaw (dents), so I can’t recommend it. It plays as well as any other throw with dents.
B-grade Kyo DNS is also affordable and nice, smoother than the other yoyos I have, but it has a highwall, so touching the side against the string (imperfect throw) will slow it down more. Thus, it doesn’t sleep as long as yuuksta, but still sleeps very long.

So between the yuuksta, DNS, and SR-71, pick whichever you think would feel better. Full or under-sized. Loud or quiet.

As for getting a yoyo with two bearings, don’t let that be the deciding factor, because you will probably be using the speed bearing all of the time.

Yes, buy thin lube.

1 Like