Looking for a new throw

So I recently got back into yoyoing after a couple of years. I’ve been using my Legacy that I got a while back, and now I want a new throw. I’ve been browsing the store and for some reason the Markmont Next really caught my eye. The yoyo seems to be discontinued now, so I guess I would like something really similar. My budget is around 100-120$. Thanks

If the MMN caught your eye, another nice One Drop throw would be the Burnside! It is perfect for mastering all those difficult tricks that have made yoyoing what it is today. Burnsides are fairly cheap as well, so you would have money left over to possibly get a Protostar by YoYoFactory. Protostar is an all plastic yoyo that plays just as good if not better than most metals yoyo’s on the market today, and at a fraction of the price. I HIGHLY suggest the Burnside+Protostar combo to you. you WONT be disappointed.

1 Like

If you’re looking for a smaller sized Yoyo like the MN, Dietz may be a good option as well.
Grab a nickel plated one with a set of brass SE’s and you have a similar look as the mn, not in shape, just materials, plus the Dietz (and burnside, which is great) has more rim weight than the MN and is more forgiving on an off throw.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

1 Like

I’m more interested in something with a similar shape and size to the Markmont then the look. The 888.11 looks pretty similar in size and shape. But I heard mixed things about YYF, which makes me reluctant to get it.

I have yyf skyline & yuuksta. I also have one drop dietz. Out of those three the dietz is on a different level. It’s like full size play in an under sized body.

Not to crazy about the shape of the dietz.

The shape defenitly isn’t for everyone. YYF makes OUTSTANDING throws. 888’s are some of the most preferred competition throws. If the 888.11 catches your eye as well, get it. I’ve played when a while back and it was fantastic. On par with some of my CLYW’s.

The YYF DV888 is very similar in shape, size, and weight to the MarkMont Next. I used to have one and I loved it.

I do love my dv888 but I have to say its not that similar to the mn. The catch zone has a different shape and no grooves, and the cup has less sharp angles. But like I said, I do enjoy the dv888, I’m just saying if you think you’ll have the same experience with the two you may be disappointed.

Maybe check the various bst, I see people putting up their mn’s pretty regularly.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

I grew to like the Dietz more and more, particularly with brass domes. I like it so much I was glad when I scratched it so I could put it in my regular carry rotation.

Sniffy-Yo.com
@Sniffyo on twitter

If you want an 888, you can probably get a pretty cheap one if you buy used. I bought mine beat for $30., and $40-60 should get you a near mint-mint yoyo

I ended up getting a Dang in nickel. I know it doesn’t meet any of my previous requirements, but it was the next yoyo that caught my eye after I saw the 888.11 was out of stock. Thanks for the responses

I like the yuuksta throw from yyf, it can outperform any throw out there. I’ve tryed the peak, bassalope, chief, Nova, 888, and even a nautilus. And it beats them all for just 65
Bucks!