Looking for a new 1A plastic throw.

It’s called the shaqlerstar now :slight_smile:

Ah, thanks much.

Alpha Crash, Northstar, or Lyn Fury with silicone and shims.

The Lyn Fury, Kickside, and Speedmaker are some of the best plastics I’ve used.

How is the Speedmaker? It’s always interested me, but I’ve never been able to snag one, only a Lyn.

It’s extremely light, can accelerate easily.

The Starbursts need sanded down

It’s really good for speed tricks all the way

I would suggest the Surge, Alpha Crash, or Trigger.
I got started on unresponsive with the Surge. It can really take a beating (I’ve dropped it on concrete 4-5 times). It’s just a very good yoyo.

I’ve also heard a lot of really good stuff about the Trigger and Alpha crash so I plan on getting those at some point.

I hate that name. It’s so stupid…

To OP: Stay away from triggers, the rims will break. It plays really nicely, but IT WILL happen at some point. The surge is a good bet, the alpha crash is also amazing. I vote surge (GET SHIMS WITH IT) or alpha crash.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip on the Trigger. The Alpha Crash looks interesting, I’ll probably end up trying it out in a couple weeks. I went ahead and got an Asteroid for the time being. I’ll be getting the ONEstar and the Alpha Crash probably at the same time.

I never understand all the Trigger hate. Really, what are you guys doing to these things to break them so easily? Slamming them forcefully on concrete? I have a Trigger that used to belong to JD himself, that was used extensively to test the design, which since I got it from JD months ago is played very regularly since it is my FAVORITE plastic out. It has hit the deck a few times, and still smooth and no breaks. a couple times with some decent force. I really just don’t get how people slam them into the ground and then complain that something is wrong.

I didn’t break it myself. I know at least 5 people who have…