look at my dv888

yay. awesome finish!! spiral satined! plays great! also i like to get the un-even look

This should probably be in the Yoyo Exhibition section.

No duh they don’t have the same mass. One still has the ano left on it.

EDIT: I’m really not sure now which section this should be in, but apparently we can’t reply when it’s in this section. If you want to move it back to the modding section, that would be fine, in which case, I’m sorry.

He definitely got a little carried away there. 5.6 grams is quite a difference in weight. At the same time, difference in weight from half to half won’t necessarily affect play. It may cause some precession, but as long as each half is still perfectly concentric it shouldn’t add any vibe.

And, even if it did add vibe, I’m sure some modder would be willing to take it off your hands.

For the more technically minded people, that is satinning not shaving.

I would have only done the treatment to the rims. It would of looked cooler like that. Sorry about that. :-[

Satin the other half. Then they will be the same weight.

I think raw looks better :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Out of curiosity, from what Brain said.

Does anno actually add weight to the yoyo, I thought it was just a chemical treatment to the outside aluminum

Yes, it adds weight. You are adding 0.00007" to 0.001" to the yo-yo. At the same time, you are only adding 0.00007" to 0.001" to the yo-yo. The weight change is negligible.

1 Like

im doing the other half and going to make it a mirror finish ill show finished pics

Ok whatever. There is just plain less metal on one half. Gosh. :stuck_out_tongue:

wow that is a big difference

yeouch… Did it play good before you did this or was it doomed from the start?

it played horrible so i did this

Was that a hard-coat? Because if it was they are now not made anymore. Emphases on the was. :stuck_out_tongue:

This thread + This section of the forums = FAIL

Modding or Yoyo Exepition section would be the right sections to post in. :wink: … AKA you should move this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

~James Reed!

Dude that sucks… I’m sorry for you man.

hey can we see the finished pics

Adding ano does not add weight that you would notice. But when you remove ano with sandpaper or machining the yoyo you are removing the metal that is anoed not just the ano. So when people say that they removed the ano and it looks satined then it was sanded. There is a way to remove just the ano but its a chemical process and I’m not sure how its done.

2 Likes

why exactly did you shave it?

posting new pics!