Longest lasting response

What response pads last the longest?

Long lasting is up to use and how one throws.

I mean over all
Flow able silicone<Yyf response<Gen yo hatpads<etc.
I just the having to scrape out all the remaining stuff out of the grove once the response goes bad , so want to change the switch out time with a prolonging pad

It does depend on many factors
the yoyo the speed your string how you bind and more I can’t think of at the moment. It’s about friction. As far as I know the softer the pad the quicker it will wear out. I could be wrong. :slight_smile:

Snow tires :stuck_out_tongue:

Flow grooves

Concrete

Probably the One Drop Flow groove or self-applied flowable silicone. However, I’ve heard good things about MonkeyFinger Design’s monkey snot.

Flowable silicone doesn’t last as long as pads, and monkey snot lasts even shorter. It doesn’t play bad, it just doesn’t last longg

Really. I feel monkey snot lasts a good long time. It’s my favorite. Breaks in quick and gives consistent binds.

Only lasts about a week or two of heavy play for me when pads last at least twice as long

I play 1-2 hours a day and usually only redo the response when it is damaged. Maybe once a month.

I don’t know what I’m doing “wrong”, but if I have to change a response in a yoyo more than twice a year, it’s a surprise. Every few weeks? Every month? What am I DOING? :wink:

Haha, don’t worry, you’re not the only one. I have red pads in my DV888 that have been there for almost a year but I’m too lazy to get it changed.

Responses can differ greatly. I absolutely have an original Hulk Smash Wooly Marmot that still has Chris’s original flowable silicone and it still binds and plays great. Not kidding. It’s been 5-6 years? On the other hand, the flowable that came with my OG Avalanche lasted about 1 month. I seem to have very good luck with Snow Tires though. In my experience I’d rank them

Flowable Silicone<YYJ Silicone Pad<One Drop Flow Groove<YYF pad<Snow Tires (white and aqua)

on my first yyf genesis, one pad tore out on my third or fourth bind. next throw smashed against the floor… ever since then whenever I get a new throw I tear out whatever garbage they put in the grooves, and pour silicone myself. I have never had to replace the silicone I put for 2 or 3 years. keep in mind I dont usually stick to one throw, more like rotate around 30ish. replacing every few weeks seems absurd to me.

Mine are usually fine till I get a good knot in the string. That will usually end up tearing a little chunk out. I said maybe a month on mine, but not sure how accurate that is. Just guessing.

most of mine last 2 months on my most used throw.

For my offstring yoyo I have to replace the flow-able silicone every 2 or 1 weeks