Lockpicking

Is anyone here into lockpicking?

4 Likes

Low key, yeah. Used to do it for fun as a kid, now only when necessary.

2 Likes

Once upon a time. My hands are awful now, so I’m missing the nuances, but I still enjoy decimating random master locks around campus from time to time.

(Note: said locks are random and missing keys and laying around. I do not break into buildings. I’m admin, I don’t need to pick things to get where I need to go lol).

4 Likes

Short answer yes

Long answer I have various sets around my house, car, garage, in my wallet and in various bags. Locks are to keep honest people honest.

6 Likes

Hammer, brute force, and persistence has yet to fail me. Then again i haven’t really had the need to lockpick or unleash my anger upon a metal box.

3 Likes

I keep a small sparrow set with me at all times! A fellow nurse actually locked their keys in a medcart recently and I got to save the day and picked the cart open lol

5 Likes

Brick+ car= open car

3 Likes

More like
= time in jail

Nah just tell everyone it’s alright
“No don’t worry you’re wrong”

I keep a set in my wallet but I don’t actively practice anymore. Just there if I need it.

1 Like

I was big into it as a kid then as an adult it’s more out of need, Lastime I had to use it was when a tinder girl called crying she needed help getting in her pad :sob:

Just getting back into it. Overlaps with my main field of study which is computer security. Ordered some great stuff from sparrows recently.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of covert instruments mostly because they are local to me and in my home town so some personal bias.

I like their stuff also. Have the covert companion and the locksport trainer. Both above my skill level currently. Rusty.

1 Like

1 Like

Yep got into it at defcon, tons of fun.

Bet defcon is fun. Planning on checking it out next year.

2 Likes

My wife is better at picking locks than I am, although I’m pretty quick with a Bogota rake.

1 Like