Local members

Being new to Yoyos as an adult, it would be so useful to be able to connect to local members for instruction and fellowship. I can’t seem to find anything useful on FB. Maybe I don’t know how to search?

I just did facebook and google search for my area + “yoyo”. You might be in a dead zone like me. I live in central Michigan and the nearest club is a 1-2 hour drive from me so I have yet to meet anyone who yoyos :face_exhaling:

It’s definitely worth trying to find people though. Getting real time pointers from someone who knows how can put you ahead by leaps and bounds.

Good luck with your search!

There a topic/ thread here on the forums that you can search.

Good luck

Enjoy the throw my friends
kgb

1 Like

Yeah I live in northern Virginia but when I looked
It appears the big DMV (DC, Virginia, Maryland) club that used to meet has been defunct for years and nothings filled it’s place. I assume some of it was covid and such but other than contests there aren’t allot of large form meet ups for this hobby. Other than the mile high club stuff that’s been going on recently and groups around yyf and such.

There’s definetly yoyoers in the DMV, the most recent I can think of is Alternate worlds “skill toy club” Also if your in the DMV and want to yoyo just message me and we can show up to sunday circus (DC juggling club) in Meridian hill park in DC and yoyo.

1 Like

I can’t help most of you find yoyoers but I will say, I travel 1-3 hours to go to a meet and it’s definitely worth it to me. London club are real homies because we all put in the effort to meet regularly. Setup group chats so you can keep in touch and share tricks ect.

I think a lot of you will find there are people willing to meet up at least once or twice to see how it goes within 1-3 hours travel of each other. Find a group of you (I know this isn’t easy) and arrange somewhere kind of in the middle of all of you to make it as fair as possible.

Remember, yoyos are cool, tricks are cooler, but yoyoers are the coolest. Nothing will motivate you to come up with new tricks like a bunch of mates to share them with.

7 Likes

You can post requests to meet up there as well

Thanks!

1 Like

Start a club. Ask around at toy stores, hobby shops, anywhere with a/c and indoor plumbing that may be yo-yo friendly, and ask if you can have meets there. Lacking any indoor venue, reach out here on YYE and Reddit and fb and all that jazz and try to organize a meet at a park or mall or where ever you won’t get run off from.

1 Like