Little quiz type deal so we can get to know each other a bit better!

Thought this might help to get us to know each other better.

1.) What is the smoothest yoyo you have ever used.

2.) What is the most stable yoyo you have ever used.

3.) What is the longest spinning yoyo you have ever used.

4.) What is the best playing all around yoyo you have ever used in your opinion? (If you can’t think of the best playing yoyo that you have used in your opinion, just skip it!)

5.) What is the most beautiful yoyo you have ever seen

6.) What is the best looking packaging of a yoyo you have ever seen?

7.) What is your most treasured yoyo?

8.) What is the most money you have ever spent on a single yoyo?

9.) What is the most you would ever be willing to spend on a yoyo?

10.) What do you friends and family think about yoyoing?

11.) Have you ever competed in a yoyo competition?

(Only answer 12 and 13 if your answer was “yes” to question 11.)

12.) What division/category did you compete in?

13.) How high did you place?

14.) Do you have any other friends who yoyo?

15.) Does any of your family members yoyo?

16.) Do you think your life would be different if you didn’t yoyo? Why, or why not?

1- Cascade
2-Burnside
3-Gnarwhal or Raptor with 10-ball bearings
4-Gnarwhal
5-Bape Cascade or Berry Berry Chief
6-Any CLYW Box
7-Cascade
8-$120 (Soon to change when I buy a Puffin)
9-Depends. Most likely not more than $200
10-Family thinks it’s really cool, Friends laugh at me
11-Not Yet

14-Yes, my buddy Josh who works at my local hobby shop, and some of the guys from my club
15-Yes, my two younger brothers
16-Yes. I would have a lot more freetime, and I would probably take up somthing that I currently do, but more seriously, like Android Programming.

1. Probably the new Yomega…

2. Chief.

3. I don’t care about that. :slight_smile:

4. Skiper dee doodle pie.

5. A pic of a Color Changer Yomega. :slight_smile:

6. Skip.

7. $45, I’ve never spent much. :stuck_out_tongue: Won them. :stuck_out_tongue:

8. None, I play them all.

9. Whatever it takes.

10. The bearing noise… That’s cool! How do you do that?? To much time on your hands…

11. Yes.

12. Sport 1a.

13. 2nd

14. Yes, all from the club. And maybe others…

15. My bro’s trying it. Other tried it, another tried it too. :stuck_out_tongue: (Seven Siblings) Only had three try it out. One’s still going. Trying at least.

16. It would be different. Yoyo has made me more of an outgoing guy. :slight_smile:

1. General Yo KLR
  2. General Yo KLR
  3. General Yo KLR
  4. General Yo KLR
  5. 28 Stories or Black Bip Bop CLYW Chief
  6. The packaging for the YYF Catch 22 (Its more like a case)
    Also for the crucial milk, i think it was. And the General Yo magnum wooden case.
  7. My General Yo KLR, 1 of 4, BadA$$ Edition, Candy Apple Red-- mmmmmm
  8. Around $100. I have throws way more expensive than that but have either gotten them as a gift or got a really nice deal on them.
  9. $170
  10. They love it!
  11. Yup…
  12. 1a ametur…
  13. 6th
  14. Yup.
  15. My brother.
    16.yup…
  1. DNA
  2. Code 1
  3. Genesis
  4. Mutant DNA
  5. That one rebel yoyos one.
  6. One drops/CLYWs boxes
  7. my Hulk Smash Halo
  8. $120
  9. $135
  10. Bearing is loud, but mostly they like it.
  11. Yes, MER
  12. 1a, 5a
  13. Made finals in 1a along with 14 other people, out of 31 people, placed 16th in finals (There was a guy who was seede to finals from ohio states(DARNELL))
    And in 5a i placed 7th out of about 11 poeple
  14. All of PYYC (Plymouth Yoyo Club)
  15. My lil bros (Two of them)
  16. Twould be, because I wouldnt really enjoy life as much as I do now, and there are a few people who influenced me personality wise that changed my life pretty much alot.

Yay, all done

1.burnside(?)
2.code 2
3.(haven’t tested it)
4.chief
5.recrev mangaroo (rainbow splash)
6.xcube boxes
7.arctic circle
8.$115
9.$150
10.nuetral
11.no
13.yes
14.no
15.YES I wouldn’t have this awesome community or this awesome procrastination producing hobby!

You said it brother…

1.) What is the smoothest yoyo you have ever used. Oxy Ti 9.06

2.) What is the most stable yoyo you have ever used. CODE1

3.) What is the longest spinning yoyo you have ever used. YYR Stargazer

4.) What is the best playing all around yoyo you have ever used in your opinion? (If you can’t think of the best playing yoyo that you have used in your opinion, just skip it!) CODE2

5.) What is the most beautiful yoyo you have ever seen My Sov

6.) What is the best looking packaging of a yoyo you have ever seen? Oxy Ti 9.06

7.) What is your most treasured yoyo? Green Haze Y-Factor

8.) What is the most money you have ever spent on a single yoyo? $210.00

9.) What is the most you would ever be willing to spend on a yoyo? $300.00

10.) What do you friends and family think about yoyoing? They think it’s great

11.) Have you ever competed in a yoyo competition? Yes

(Only answer 12 and 13 if your answer was “yes” to question 11.)

12.) What division/category did you compete in? Amateur FS

13.) How high did you place? First

14.) Do you have any other friends who yoyo? Yes

15.) Does any of your family members yoyo? No

16.) Do you think your life would be different if you didn’t yoyo? Why, or why not? Yes, I would not have met some of the best friends in my life OR have picked up such a fun hobby

The Halo. That thing feels so slippery.

I don’t know. I’ve never asked their emotional status. I just throw them.

Depends on my throw on any given day.

Depends on my mood. Some days some shapes or sizes just work better for me. Some days a $10 yoyo is just amazing, other days I’m on something significantly more expensive.

Well, are we talking shape or decoration?

My Royale is very attractive and cheerful.
Items with V-shapes draw me to them. I like simplicity. Phenom comes to mind. The Anglam does too.

CLYW’s 28 Stories colorway is one of the nicest colorways in my opinion. I just missed an opportunity to get get a Clareview Station, someone nabbed it right before I could.

I also like the appearance of raw/bare metal, like on my Decapod and Wet Whistle and Corli prototype, as a few examples.

That’s hard to say. In general, Duncan’s blister type packages(and Yomega) just annoy me. They serve their function and that’s all they are for and do for me. The YYF boxes are also functional but nothing “amazing”. YYJ’s boxes are nice but again, functional and practical. Same with the C3YoYoDesign packaging. Most of the rest tend to come in cardboard boxes. I mean, as far as “most attractive” or “best looking”, I can’t say. I like the metal canister my Littles and Beta came in. The power box my TI-5 came in was pretty nifty. Some of my Aoda’s had stupid big packaging.

My Corli Prototype came in 2 socks. My Sharp came in a plastic filmstrip-type container.

I do keep most of my packaging. Just something I like to do. But even with my CLYW’s, even with the hand-stamped boxes, nothing really jumps out at me.

All of them. But, my first DM2 holds a special place since that’s my first “modern” yoyo. My first Phenom holds extra meaning because it was purchased the day my father in law killed himself.(I bought it, got the news later). It also represents my first “full pay” for an expensive yoyo, which was softened by a $40 YYE gift certificate. My Phenom was bought on my birthday as a present to myself not even a month later. Each has a specific purpose and function.

I’m not aware any of them were married.

Let me just say TI-5 and leave it at that.

I don’t know. I’ve spend over $60K on an audio console. I guess we can use that as a measure. However, the audio desk earns me money.

I also bought an Anglam.

My wife thinks I’m an idiot. Most of my friends don’t know(I picked it up around 18 months ago). My kids think it’s OK but I think I embarrass them at their school.

Maybe the bigger question is: Do I care what they think?
No, not really.

No, nor will I. I’m not in this to compete, only for enjoyment. I do enjoy doing sound for the contests. I also find going to contests to be very inspiring.

Yes. I mostly met them through yoyo. But some others I discovered they throw through other means.

Yes, my boy. One of my daughters can do a few things but lost interest. My wife has a DM2 and tries sometimes. My 3 year old lacks the discipline to yoyo(she’s 3, I’m not concerned) and my 18 month says “yoyo” all the time.

1: I’d have more spare money.
2: My depression would still be spiraling out of control without it.
3: My imagination and creativity would be stuck in the depths of no-existant without it.
4: I wouldn’t have met a lot of great people without it.
5: A lot of my motivation and drive has returned in regards to business.

Yoyo has made major improvements to my life. It’s helped me manage my depression. I feel my mind being more engaged, which has helped my creativity come back. Seeing opportunities to get more gigs, my drive for aggressively going after gigs has returned.

Would I be fine without it? Probably. The biggest bad part would be the depression. The rest I could just have remained parked in neutral and just rode through things out until I die without knowing any better.

1. YYJ Phenom
  2. SPYY Solaris
  3. Crucial Confection
  4. CLYW Avalanche
  5. Lord of the Rings edition 888
  6. All CLYW. I loved the first run Canvas with the flannel the most. X3 close second with their tubes.
  7. SPYY Pure Gold
  8. $200
  9. $350
  10. My friends and family are very enthusiastic and supportive. Just as I am regarding their interests.
  11. No.
  12. N/A
  13. N/A
  14. No
  15. My 64 year old dad loves his Duncan Imperial and Yomega Fireball. They’re all he needs and he plays them everyday. I supply him with new strings when he needs them.
  16. If I didn’t yoyo I’d have either more video games or more comic books. I prefer my life this way. Sure I’d have an extra few thousand dollars in my savings account but I wouldn’t be as happy. I wait at the bus stop and I have something to do. I wait at the airport and I have something to do. I love my iPhone, but I love throwing at times when the people around me are all killing time on their iPhones, etc…I feel productive somehow. Every throw is a new possibility. I love it and I’m thankful I have a job that supports this habit.
  1. CLYW Comeback Avalanche
  2. YYF Genesis
  3. YYF Genesis, again.
  4. depends on my mood. usually fluctuates between Genesis/ Avalanche.
  5. Literally no idea.
  6. the packaging for the ti-5. not that i own one. :’(
  7. Probably the Ava.
  8. I spent a whole $120 on the Ava.
  9. I would spend up to 200. probably no more.
  10. My family thinks it’s awesome. most of my friends do too, but my friends iMarvin and Hannah think it’s stupid.
  11. no
  12. N/A
  13. N/A
  14. my friend Josh yoyos.
  15. My sister does it a little.
  16. It would be a whole lot more lame. i’d probably also get more stuff done.