Little Motivation to Yoyo Anymore

Give all your yoyo to me for free. That’s the thing you need to do.
Seriously do what many of these guys are telling you too and take a break. I’ve taken many breaks since I started, and each one I came back more willing to throw.

This might sound really weird or shallow, but I had a motivation issue a while back due to the plastic whip completely disappearing from my arsenal. I used the plastic whip all day. I used it to get into certain tricks, and I just generally liked doing it so much I would do it as I was watching tv without thinking. Then I spent a couple days working on one specific trick, and when I tried to do plastic whip again, I just flat couldn’t. It was like I had amnesia. I tried different yoyos and different strings, but to no avail. It really messed with my head that I couldn’t land a trick that I liked so much and consider very simple. I had never experienced anything like it, and it took a lot of wind out of my sails. I did take a few days off completely and got bummed out about it. Eventually I just started to throw again, because I know Im just doing this to unwind and relax. I realized I was getting way bent out of shape over something that was really pretty trivial for someone who does this just to have fun. If I ever truly stop having fun, you guys might never see me on the forum again except to offload my collection. But for now, all is well. I think we all need these little tests every now and again just to put everything in perspective and let us know where we stand. Not just with yoyoing, but life in general. Sometimes a little discomfort really makes you appreciate things you might have taken for granted before.

arent we all addicts ed… well except for rizki… he might need to move to harder stuff.

Thanks for the great advices.
I have to say however, it isn’t like I have “zero” motivation to yoyo anymore, if that’s the case I wouldn’t even be here. I still think a lot about yoyoing, checking yoyo forums pretty much every day, only less motivation to do it physically lately and it got me worried (weird I know).

Noo don’t leave me alone :frowning:

No one’s leaving you you are leaving I think.

I practiced nonstop from 2009 to 2011. I practiced occasionally through 2012 and 2013. I didn’t really pick up a Yo-Yo at all in 2014. This year I randomly got back into it – I’ve been throwing a little every day, and buying pricey new Yo-Yos has suddenly become interesting and fun again.

Just Yo-Yo when you feel like it. Don’t feel worried if you lack the desire to practice right now. I can say from personal experience that even if you keep the slip knot off your finger for over a year, you aren’t going to forget how to Yo-Yo.

I have alot of hobbies (motorcycles, gaming, flying RC, yoyoing, etc). I find the lack of motivation comes with everything i do. At first your all about it, then it becomes stale. I usually do what everyone else is saying, move on to something else and comeback later. I havent learned any new tricks in a couple months. But i still throw every day. I dont force myself, i just throw around the house when im bored or watching tv. You dont need to push yourself to have fun. Just do what your feelin.