Lightweight small yoyos for Street performance

Online. The nearest small city (250,000) is 80 miles. I somehow ended up with two accounts to Yoyo Expert. Thought about asking to have them merged, but don’t want to see a full total of what I have bought. I’ll just continue living in denial and only see one account at a time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Good info I’ll probably be gone 2 years and only be yoyoing a couple times a week, definitely not daily. I’ll be spending roughly 3 months per country so that will make it easier to get something shipped.

I am posting on some of the international nomadic sites to see if someone can check the countries I plan to be in for availability of string and other yoyo parts. Looks like Rewind ships from Japan to lots of places for what appears to be $9 shipping.

i started of with an n8, and it helped me with learning such important tricks as kwijibo, brent stole, and others. depending on your skill level, and hand size, i would recommend it, as it is very cheap and will serve you well. mine is also very beat, but still plays perfect. to say something for the durability.

1 Like

Thanks. I do have small hands (and short arms lol) and am only 5’4" so i figured smaller might be a better fit. Some guy named Dylan who does a lot of youtube yoyo videos was pretty impressed with it. It arrives today so time to learn how to bind and see how i do with it.

3 Likes

Hands are small… arms are short!!

2 Likes

If you’re willing to bump up your budget by $10, I eagerly recommend the UNPRLD Reduction. It is my favorite EDC throw. It is solid, stable, powerful, and built like a tank. I find it incredibly satisfying to play with, and I think you would find it impossible to put down too.

I’m pretty sure we all know who you’re talking about.:wink: His reviews are pretty spot on and he really knows how to quality test(or stress test) gear.

4 Likes

As for tricks: A lot of the tricks here YoYoExpert.com - Yo-Yo Tricks, Videos, and More - Make the Simple Amazing! from “intermediate” to “expert” will work really well.

I recommend-

From Intermediate:
Dizzy Baby
Rip Cord
Brain Twister
Mach 5
Split the Atom
Atomic Bomb
(You’ll need Man on Trapeze and Double or Nothing, but they’re more elements for other combos.)

Almost everything in Advanced Parts 1&2 are good. Pick your favorites, but definitely:
Eli Hops
Leg Wraps
Boingy Boing
The Matrix
Zipper
Boomerang

From Expert:
Skin the Gerbil
Revolutions
Jade Whip (good for your own combos)
Gyroscopic Flops
Suicide (Will probably take a lot of practice, and may be a long time before you can get consistent enough to do them in a show. They are flashy though!)

Anything behind the back is a crowd pleaser.

Vermicious Knid, Tricks w/ light up yo-yos - #5 by Myk_Myk

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll take a look at that. Definitely wanting to focus on yoyos that are going to be more about performance that is going to entertain non yoyoers and not so much the technical competition kind of stuff. And that’ll be fun to do but I want to make sure that I have a yoyo that will allow for spins and grinds and things like that that will wow an audience. Regardless of how easy they might be to execute!

1 Like

Wow thank you so much for that! I’m going to have to rethink my packing now because I’m realizing doing my research that I’m going to need some sort of a look for my yo-yoing days. LOL. No sparkly top hats though!

3 Likes

I also downloaded the app so I’m hoping to be able to start working through that next week that’s really cool I love that there’s an app that walks you through the skill levels!! Kind of feel like I’m a 10-year-old with brand new gym shoes!

2 Likes

I see the perfect street performance yoyo for you. It’s one that you can set on fire.
If you progress to
“insert country here” Got Talent
then this is the beast…

Its a bit expensive at $100 but when you get there my friend don’t forget me :rofl:
Good luck on your journey :raised_hands::+1:

7 Likes

Oh my God you literally make me laugh out loud!
Not to worry you will have front row seats with complimentary drinks! And a fire extinguisher!

4 Likes

It’s sick. A little heavy. Burns roughly 45-60 secs per side.

3 Likes