LF: Sturm Panzer Stealth Ogre (full size)

Must be in excellent condition and completely smooth, no vibe. Don’t care about the original box, etc…, that came with the retail package, I’m good with either.

Looking for the full-sized version.

Let me know if you have one for sale.

1 Like

Just a heads up but I’ve had 10+ Sturm Panzer throws and not one of them was perfectly smooth. They tend to try new designs and not care as much about vibe.

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I’ll keep that in mind!

2 Likes

I have a question of you. Before the question, there is certainly nothing wrong with looking for a perfectly smooth/no vibe yoyo… that is what you ‘want’.

I have literally a short ton of yoyo. Obviously I don’t throw them all the time. But most of them I have thrown over time. I lace my own Motorcycle wheels because I like them really smooth. I balance my own car and truck tires(at work) because I like them really smooth. I can tell when something isn’t smooth. I can go to a picnic and point out the nervous flies.

In the hundreds of yoyo I have thrown in the last 24 years, I would say about 10 percent I would consider
Amazingly smooth… and that has to be at least a few thousand yoyos.

I have not had 10+ Panzer yoyo… but I have thrown several. None of them were 'perfectly completely smooth/vibe free. I personally drew the conclusion that the Sturm Panzer folks were more tuned into High Performance play using a whole lotta rim weight and spent very little time being concerned about absolute smoothness.

…Sorry about the lead in explanation, but I wanted you to know where my mindset from experience comes from… Now, on to the question>

Have you ever owned or thrown a Sturm Panzer that was dead smooth? Or maybe you already have a few and they are dead smooth?

Or, is a dead smooth Panzer your Grail yoyo?

I have one down at the shop… I am going to go find it just to refresh my memory about its’ degree of smoothies.

I will edit this reply if I can find it.

regardless, good luck in your quest…

Even if not by design, there must be one out there that if nothing else, came out smooth by pure accident, I would think.

And if it isn’t dead smooth, what would that do? Beware of ‘princess and the pea’ syndrome. Having said that if dead smooth is what you want then there is no harm in asking.

A heads up that Sturm Panzer often have disclaimers that particular models will have vibe and this is true of the Stealth Ogre.

I don’t have a Stealth Ogre for sale but I love and collect Sturm Panzers.

What are you specifically after?

If it’s the aesthetic, then I suggest the newly released Pakfa Type-82. It’s an updated variation of the Pakfa, which is very similar, but slightly smaller than, the Stealth Ogre.

Pakfa Type-82
61 grams
Diameter: 51 mm
Width: 41 mm

As for the Stealth Ogre specs. That’s tricky. There are two major versions of the Stealth Ogre. The capless original (v1.0 or v1.4) and the mirror-capped Mk2.

Stealth Ogre
68 grams
Diameter: 57 mm
Width: 42 mm

Stealth Ogre Mk2
66 grams
Diameter: 57 mm
Width: 42 mm

There is also the Eclipse Ogre. Which is very similar to the Stealth Ogre but in green or pink.

Eclipse Ogre
67 grams
Diameter: 58 mm
Width: 41 mm

I have about ten of these “Ogre-esque” yoyos. I just went and tested most of them. They have some vibe but I also play with all of them and don’t concern myself with it frankly.

Sturm Panzer makes yoyos that play well. What’s truly impressive though is that they do that under couple of unique and creative artistic restrictions.

First, the company is an homage to YoyoJam. The colors and designs are frequently based on old YYJ yoyos. Second, most of the yoyos are featured in a fourteen-series manga about a world where yoyos are used as weapons. The owner of Sturm Panzer wrote this manga himself and had it professionally illustrated. He jokes that the yoyo is actually a bonus that comes with the manga.

3 Likes

Thank you for the replies, everyone. Looks like I’ll have to lower expectations a bit, as I was not aware that SP yoyos generally have some vibe.

The Stealth Ogre is my only experience with SP. I owned one in the past - before I even know what vibe was, haha. Sold it, regretted selling, then bought another after coming to know about vibe - loved the play and the look as before, but was unsatisfied with the amount of vibe. It was pretty stinkin vibey. Maybe I just got a bad apple.

51mm would be too small for my liking, so the Pafka would be out. I’ve seen the variants with the caps on either side, but wasn’t sure if the caps were removable or not (I don’t care for caps), so thought I would just go with the OG.

To answer a couple of you, part of the enjoyment in play for me is the smoothness of the yoyo - my play is for personal enjoyment rather than performance, as 99% of yoyos are capable of significantly more than I can throw at it. I just like it - maybe it could be called “the aesthetic of smooth” haha.

But knowing vibe is common to SP, I’m sure I could live with it. I simply thought a smooth one would be obtainable, and all I had to do was find one.

If the MKII and Eclipse have removable caps, it will at least broaden my search, as the OG isn’t the easiest to come by!

Thanks again for all the kind replies!.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.