LF Dustin Gunter Chainmail Counterweight

All in the title. I have one, but I want a couple more. Not the bad ones from that other site. I have cash and trades. Pic for reference. Most colors considered, except white and yellow.

Do these scratch up the surface of your yoyo? I’ve always wondered if these would give a 3A scuffed type look on the profile?

1 Like

@Grantw1019 He should be able to answer that. He’s used one quite a bit.

@adamantiumpops Lemme check and see if I have an extra one still, if I do, all yours Adam :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting. I have only used it on a powder coated Poppet and titanium. The Ti Fallen Angel it’s been on for the last year does have some lines on it. I figure all my 5A yoyos are going to hit the floor sooner or later, so I never even considered it

Edit: I also believe that these lines are more pronounced since this is a blast.

4 Likes

Thanks Casey!

1 Like

If you like i can get you in touch with Mr.Gunter and he can custom make some for you.

1 Like

I’ve been chatting with him actually. He’s on chainmail hiatus presently, but I’m on his list if/when he feels like getting back to it!

I just made this due to reading your post. Kinda just wanted to see if I could. It’s kinda comical since all I have is stainless steel rings and a couple bronze rings. The weight comes in at 23.186grams. It’s next to the Reactor CW for size.

2 Likes

That’s a dense little guy!

1 Like

I assume aluminum rings were used. I could get some aluminum ones and try to make you one. I wouldn’t be able to do color other than a bronze ring on either side. I have some copper rings as well for some pizazz.

1 Like

I like pizzazz as much as the next guy! Would love to have inspired some artwork. And we’re wood bros. We gotta support each other.

1 Like

Funny you mention the oak twins. I was throwing that just yesterday. Such a beautiful wood and design by @Eric_Newlin.

2 Likes

I learned how to make chainmail in highschool. I think copper is probably too soft, but it might be a good option for a CW for that same reason.

I’ve been curious about them for a while, and it just occurs to me i could probably make them pretty easily. 23g is too heavy, i think. Looks like the bright size, tho. I wonder if i could get a soft touch paint and get it to adhere to the metal. I imagine you need more complicated equipment. Put them in a pillow case through a dryer cycle to polish.

1 Like

Bump

I’m in for a chainmail cw if someone is making quality ones. I too got the “wait list” treatment but would love to get my hands on a similar quality item. Around 11g is where my sweet spot is.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.