Let's Make a Definitive Ten Commandments of Yo-yoing!

Submission:

If thou dost have many throws, ye shall give to the yo-yo impoverished.

2 Likes

Not to derail this, but I was looking for the “rules” of yoyoing that Ed (or at least I believe it was Ed) posted maybe a year or so ago? Does this ring a bell to anyone else? Somehow I can’t find that thread but I’m clearly searching poorly.

1 Like

About a third of the way down.

I’m not so sure you will get down to the best ten, by counting “thank you” votes. :-\

You may filter out the most humorous ten though. That is all a matter of perception, of course…but that is my perception. I’m very curious how the ten commandments will look at the end.

You win. I give up.

Yoing is about: freedom, no limits, no lines in the sand, no lack of imagination, no borders, no restrictions, no Walls.

Yoing is about: creativity, inventiveness, imagination, ingenuity, expression, style, excitement, enlightenment.

Yoing is about being able to throw inside the box and 10 feet away, being in Awe about somebody Playing outside the box.

The limits of Yoing are not measured with a measuring tape. Yoing is measured by ones’ ability to see into the distance, while you are having fun along your journey to those points you once thought were not reachable.

Yoing is not defined by ‘Commandments’. Commandments are written or dictated by Rulers or Makers. In Yoyoing, there are no Rulers and there are no Makers. There are no timeclocks. There are no strict guidelines. There are no logical reasons to create 10 Commandments, when they are worthless and pointless.

10 Commandments and Yoyoing are not a Good match.

There should be only 1 Commandment>

Submission… Thou shalt Never, Ever, like in Neverneverever, potentially Restrict your Creative freedom or pursuit of yoyo related fun, by recognizing any list of Commandments.

10 Commandments are for Catholics. Unless you are a Holy Roller, Homie Don’t Play That.

… Anyway as a few guys already mentioned, Ed’s’ 66 pointers already covered most angles of conscious understanding.

Amen

7 Likes

^ That was classic :smiley: I thought it fun to play along, as it seemed to turn into mostly humor anyway (I’m always game for humor). I just was not sure if the OP was looking for humor. Great post Yoyodoc. It turns out the best commandment is:

Submission:
Thou shalt have no commandments, and follow no list thine art possess. :-\

Submission: You shall not stop throwing! Through misses and knots, through stringburn and fatigue, you shall continue your holy quest to become a true Yoyomaster.

1 Like

I was totally looking for humor - hence my request for faux-biblical language. Also, this isn’t supposed to be one individual passing down rules from on high - it’s supposed to be a light-hearted list of ten rules to live by, as voted on by the community. (Ed’s 66 rules are great, but you know, there are 66 of them.) If anybody thinks it’s not worth it to participate, by all means, don’t participate.

“Thou shalt not ask annoying questions such as “yoyo?” and “song?” on every photo or video in existence.”

All seriousness though, especially if the photo is NOT even a yoyo-related post. I see this on Instagram too much.

Submission thou shalt taketh Ed Haponik esquire’s 66 rules and readth them thou thy self as 1 commandment quoteth as followeth!

We are expanding here to the Leviticus if you will of yoyoing

Ed Haponik style

Truly worthy of reading and practicing!

1 Like

The request for faux-biblical language was humor, and I get that, but that was not a point of confusion on my part. My question about whether you were looking for humor, was relative to the substance of the commandments you are receiving. I wondered if you were looking for humor in the substance, not the language. On the last line we agree, but I obviously participated. I was quoted there, but the rest of what you wrote does not respond directly to anything that I wrote. Thanks for clearing that up. It is all humor, both language and substance. Very clear now. :slight_smile:

Nice Monty Python joke!

Submission:

Submission #2:
Thou shalt not walk the ‘dog’. EVER.

SUBMISSION

Thou shall not drop thy green triangle.

I find this thread offensive

Be prepared to walk the dog, on command, always. Arm grinds are close enough.

Though shalt not gaze upon thy neighbors throws

2 Likes

Submission: Thou shalt have no other gods before yoyoing.

Thou shalt not use week old string, for broken knuckles are unpleasant for thee.