Ten Commandments

1. Thou art your own individual player. This means that certain things do not apply to me as they do to you. You play different, you like different yoyos, you may bind different, whatever. Once you’re developing a style and making tricks, there is no wrong answer.

2. Thou shalt try to learn the tricks correctly to the best of your ability. This will come in handy in Sports Ladder, teaching others, and using these elements for your own use later on.

3. Thou shalt not be afraid to try something different.

4. Remember the other styles of play, and try them if 1A bores you.

5. Honor the players that came before you, and learn from their example, while still having an individual style and method.

6. Thou shalt not flat out put down another player. There is a difference between constructive criticism and being mean.

7. Thou shalt not disregard something because it is not to your taste, whether it be trick, yoyo, or player. Embrace what is foreign to you.

8. Thou shalt not purchase or trade for a yoyo simply because it is “Better” than the ones you have.

9. Thou shalt not play to make yourself better, for playing to have fun is better, and will make you better regardless.

10. Thou shalt cherish the relationships you build throughout yoyoing, and try to appreciate it for all that it is.

I was kinda bored =/

9 Likes

that was cool.how long did it take you to make that?it would take me forever i am a horribal typer

1 Like

Haha this is kind of funny to me, but I love it. Such a good post.

You forgot the 11th comandment!

Thall shalt use the search function!

3 Likes

Good post. :wink:

Haha awesome.

i love this but i like your b/s/t song better

LOL. :slight_smile:

GREAT post. :slight_smile:

This should be stickied i think. Whatcha’ll think? ;D

its kinda sacrilegious… :-
Maybe if it was changed to “The 10 laws of the yo” or something.
It is a very good post though :wink:

Sacrilegious? Really? Well actually i see your point, but how many people have a problem with naming it that way??
If it is an issue though i might suggest a name like, “The Throwers Code” or something like that. Anyone is welcome to make suggestions. :slight_smile:

Yeah I could definitely see the sacreligious thing, seeing as I am a Catholic, but honestly, I don’t really care about this. It wasn’t made to correct the Bible or anything.

1 Like

I don’t think there is anything wrong with it either. Now if he meant it to be over the other then yeah but that would be between him and God.

1 Like

When I saw the name of the post, I was like: “…Woah, this doesn’t look right.” Then I read it, and I was like: “Phew, almost had a heart attack.” Don’t do these kinds of things any more! >:(

Haha, just kidding. That’s a great post. Just try to word the title a bit better so it doesn’t turn anyone away. :wink:

pRAISE THE YO! (not trying to be mean)

Sorry for being a First Time Necro XD

But yeah, I really Like & Love this thread.

I really admire No. 8 & 9. I totally agree all of those, But this two really Grab my attention.

Awesome post Xdohl!

It’s not really a necro. This is kind of like a guide and this was just a bump so more people can see it.