Let’s Hear Your Opinions: What’s the Longest Spinning, Most Stable, Yoyo You’ve Ever Played?

Turning Point Achantus S
Turning Point Counter Jet
Japan Technology Jugemu
MK1 Exia
C3Yoyodesign Windoundary

top 5 :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This is the second time I’ve seen it spelled like this in this thread, at first I thought it was just a spelling error but is there one called Tilderness? I’m confused. I only see Wilderness. You all have me wanting to explore some W!ld & Empathy throws now.

It’s the titanium version of the Wilderness

1 Like

Kinda old but, my fave comp oriented ones are still the Yoyo Empire RainFly and RainFly II. There’s a reason it was called the “Poor Man’s Draupnir”.

2 Likes

Probably the mega crash? However, I would never try to use it again. Feels dangerous.

2 Likes

I would say edge 2022,outler plus, edge beyond and outlier 3are my most powerful thriws

2 Likes

YYF Papercut
Duncan Grasshopper GTX
Magic Yoyo Stealth
Mazel Top Rectifier

1 Like

Wow just got back from work and there’s so many suggestions! Time to dive in and do some evening research.

1 Like

Those second run Nucleons are worth a look. If you are considering a first yo-yo of this type, the anniversary yo-yo pricing makes it pretty hard to beat.

2 Likes

Seek out the OG…. Draupnir!

If learning that difficult trick is why you want a comp style yo-yo, this one will fill that need and then some.

YYFr Hummingbird will be a little easier in the wallet.

1 Like

I think one maybe people overlook is YYF Mega Monster.
Dia: 58mm
Width: 58mm
Weight: 68g

This yoyo actually changed my mind on wide yoyos.

4 Likes

This is great advice, I appreciate it. Larger diameter, more weight. My one issue is, I’m not sure hire much weight is too much weight. I guess that’s just something I’ll need to discover.

1 Like

Mate slacks are the funnest part of yoyo, start with easy ones (on youtube is full of tutorials) and then make your way up, you will see how satisfy it is when every slack goes into the gap and it just work!

7 Likes

Oh I’m sure. Watching combos with slacks are super entertaining and look very pleasing. Just have to get over the hurdle and start learning some. Was practicing trapeze to slack GT last night. If you know of any other more interesting beginner slack tricks, I’m all ears! Of course I’m also still hunting on YouTube as well.

2 Likes

@DocPop’s Cheese Whip is a good beginner slack trick.

8 Likes

Ahhh, that makes since. I should have put that together. I’m always seeing the weird play on names with titaniums. Thanks for clearing that up!

1 Like

Is this what you are practicing? I call it, “Skin the GT” since, as far as I know, it doesn’t have a name but it’s a cool lil combo to learn and fun to do.

4 Likes

That’s a good one too! No I’ve just been practice this even more basic one to get the feel for how the string whips and drapes.
IMG_7924

5 Likes

Thanks, now I need to practice that!

1 Like
1 Like