Let’s Hear Your Opinions: What’s the Longest Spinning, Most Stable, Yoyo You’ve Ever Played?

I’ve already hit it twice, but no dings or any marks. It was 9/10 smooth out of the box (very little nail vibe) and it is still the same. Stock bearing is ■■■■ tho

4 Likes

When I first got more into yoyo’ing I bought a First Base, a Replay Pro, and a Peregrine. It was so silly.

I was still learning how to do tricks like Buddhas Revenge and how to bind fluidly. I had no reason to own such a performance based yoyo. Ended up basically keeping it in its box m, never touching it, and ultimately sold it.

My duncan evolve spun for 5 minutes and 30 seconds!
Its also extremely stable too

2 Likes

That’s definitely been on my list over the past month.

The shutter elite is right along the lines of what you are looking for. I’ve really been turned off Yoyo factory recently just purely off a design and quality standpoint but the elite is the one exception.
Edit: the Yoyo rec valkyrie is also super long spinning and stable.

2 Likes

The Noir is very stable and long spinning and the blasted rims help reduce spin loss when you bump the rims (useful for learning intricate tech). It’s an overall very performant yo-yo that, while having a medium pace to it, doesn’t feel particularly heavy or slow.

I will say the rims on it are a bit sharp, which I also noticed on the Apathy so not sure whether it’s a trend for Empathy in general. So if you’re learning a trick with lots of layers then snags can be a bit painful.

2 Likes

If you want something that’ll just make yoyoing easier, bigger diameter and heavier weight will give you a longer spinning yoyo.

Hades would be the easy recommendation for just what you asked, but at the same time there are yoyos even bigger/heavier/more “optimally” weighted than the Hades that perform even better, but feel worse to use. There are people who don’t want to use the Hades and don’t care about the performance it offers, simply because it feels bad to use to them. And there are people using Hades instead of yoyos even bigger/heavier, because the Hades feels better to them.

I feel like you can just buy any low walled bimetal/hybrid yoyo and you’d be happy with your purchase. Just consider the specs as a baseline and realize that bigger diameter/heavier will generally give you more performance.

This is an oversimplification but I’d say just keep this in mind and just buy whatever you think looks the coolest and fits your criteria. I think you’ll be happier using a yoyo that you’re excited about based on your own personal preferences, rather than just using a yoyo that somebody else said was the best based on their personal preferences.

6 Likes

If we’re talking strictly longest spinning AND most stable, Motion Centrifugal is hands down the best I’ve used. (I hear they’ve got a v.2 in the works as well @JEA86). That thing keeps its plane like George Washington’s face on Mount Rushmore.

After that, it would be the YoYoBall Hendiatris (my longest spinning, but a little less stable than the former). My third - and favorite on this list - would probably the Luftverk Hybrid Fulvia, 1st run.

For something on the cheaper end of the spectrum, the CzechPoint Pivot spins forever. Stability is plenty good for me, but there are bimetals and hybrids (like the ones above) that outclassed it there.

3 Likes

From a mono-metal standpoint, the one I’ve been using a lot for practicing new tricks has been the Time Slip by YJYOYO, it has super thick rims so it spins for a crazy long time, lots of power, and is incredibly stable. Beats some of my bi-metals for certain.

I believe it was even designed specifically to give more spin time for practicing. It’s been a solid performer and one I’ve enjoyed playing with way more than I ever thought I would.

3 Likes

That one is a decent throw for the price. It has some really cool colorways too.

For monometals, I definitely prefer the Czechpoint Pivot (or og BettyNova, for something slightly heavier). It spins significantly longer, is definitely quicker, and is more stable. It is a bit more expensive (unless you buy used), but I think the difference in quality is quite noticeable.

1 Like

ngl this has been an odd adjustment getting used to seeing ppl say this. this may be the only sport/hobby I’ve seen where ppl actively shy away from and encourage ppl not to get the most performant tools their budget will allow. sure, you may not be able to squeeze every bit of performance out of it that it has to offer in an objective sense, but if we put cost aside (of course that’s a big if), wouldnt it be worth it to have something that you can grow into while making it easier on yourself in the process? new players and competitors alike benefit from powerful long spin times, stability, and a width that’s easy to consistently hit the gap. seems like a 1:1 ratio of needs :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I haven’t played the Pivot yet, I’ll have to check that one out (or keep watch for it looks like), thanks!

1 Like

To be clear, they are different yoyos. The Time Slip definitely has the classic H-shape feel, and almost felt a bit like a high-wall to me at times. The CPP is going to have a very different feel that I personally like, but I do believe it’s objectively a better performer as well. Just my two cents!

I have to agree. That’s why I agonized in watching/reading reviews to get the best yoyo for the money I was willing to spend. I wanted my first yoyo (after getting back into the hobby) to be the last yoyo I’d ever need. I was struck by seeing people recommend beginners use yoyos that supposedly performed worse, but chalked it up to cost. However, after trying more throws than I ever anticipated, I realize now that cost doesn’t correlate that strongly with quality, especially after a certain price point (imo, ~$80). The $55 yoyo I bought 1.5+ years ago has never left my top 2 favorites, nor has it held me back in the least (apart from thumb grinds lol).

I think perhaps one reason why beginners might benefit from yoyos that aren’t ultra-stable (e.g. most bimetals/hybrids) is that it teaches better technique early on. Even then, I think it only needs to lack just enough stability for you to be able to see that bad technique effects it (e.g. most modern monometals and many modern plastics). Having a long-spinning, stable monometal definitely helped me as a beginner, while having an old-school 1A yoyo to refine my skills helps keep me sharp today.

3 Likes

W1ld mild or enso mettatrons cube are up there from my personal experience

2 Likes

I have to agree with @GTDropKnot - the TP Hades in a class by itself.

For “normal” weighted yo-yo’s I would say:

1. YYR Liminal Autoscopy
  2. YYR Savage
5 Likes

Of my more recent acquired throws, the DD Connection has been very stable and powerful.

4 Likes

oh yes! my pano sits right next to my exia and gets about 75% as much play :space_invader:

5 Likes

To be fair this could happen to ANY bimetal, it’s just the nature of the rims. The rim of any bimetal can get dislodged ever so slightly and cause vibe. The good news is that most of the time you can press/snap the ring back into its original position most of the time.

3 Likes

This sounds like my experience. I have several similar yoyos that I never play.

2 Likes

I love my C3 throws but they aren’t among my longest spinners. So far, iyoyo iceberg is by far the longest spinner in my rotation. I have 2 and I plan on getting a 3rd. I have a lot of hybrid yoyo’s but none of them come close to iceberg.

Some close seconds to iceberg for me:
Atmos Ekta
Japan Technology - Kagerou
iYoyo - Heisenberg, iMpact & Sonic Wave (Sonic Wave is another mind blowing throw)

C3 x W1LD Dinosaur In The Wild looks awesome, this is my first time ever hearing about it but $200 on a yoyo is a bit high for me… maybe if I was actually good at throwing I would go for it but I usually stay in the $80 - $150 range.

2 Likes