Legitimacy of "bob715"?

Hey guys, so I have been in contact with a buyer for my Catch 22, but I’m not sure if he/she is legitimate. Has anyone here ever sold or bought a yoyo from a user named, “bob715”? I’m not sure how to check for feedback on other forum users. Thanks for your help.

I have not done any transactions in China either? I would think that if the buyer pays your pay pal account and pays you the amount asked(quoted)… Then by all means sell it to him and ship to his information! With pay pal you have security!

2 Likes

I suggest referring to this topic, as far as vetting of users goes

Did you visit the user’s profile and see if their communication was consistent with older posts?

Take a look Profile - bob715 - YoYoExpert Forums

I’d say that’s consistent from my point of view, plus the posts align with interest in what you’re selling. Bear in mind I am a SUPER skeptical guy and I’ve … seen things … online, so for me to give it a :+1: isn’t something I do lightly.

However, as the seller, if you are not comfortable shipping to China I think that is 100% fine, and your call to make as the seller.

2 Likes

Oh, I see. Well, if I can rely on paypal I guess I’ll pull the trigger. Thanks for the info!

Hey codinghorror, thanks for the reference. I’m going to give this a read right now.

I’m not sure what this means. Why would I withdraw this post?

I withdrew it, not you

1 Like

Gents and ladies, don’t worry we will take this to PMs

1 Like

Bob715 is legit, he has bought multiple high end yoyos from me and was always willing to pay top dollar.

5 Likes

Considering the source? This is a heavyweight confirm. :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Agreed. 100%.

Thank you!!

1 Like

I have dealt with bob715 a few times, everything was nice each time.

2 Likes

Cleaned this thread up a bit. Got a little off topic. :slight_smile:

@sw39ro has contacted me via PM. Our conversation has left me more than satisfied with our situation. He’s a stand up guy in my book.

4 Likes

Do NOT sell to this person. I sold him a draupnir about 2 years ago that mysteriously vanished in China, and he immediately forced paypal to send him a refund. Unless you are making sure that he pays for the most accurately tracked shipping, insurance, signature, etc (I repeat, make HIM pay for it) do NOT sell to this person.

2 Likes

You unfortunately do not when the package enters China. He manipulated the system to get a refund from a yoyo I sold him; the package wasn’t able to be tracked when it crossed Chinese borders, so he used that to get a yoyo and 200 dollars. Sell at your own risk.

2 Likes

Wow, I’m really sorry to hear that :confused:

DHL offers tracking to the person’s front door and is, in my opinion, the best way to ship internationally.

2 Likes

Hey man, thanks for the information. I will proceed with caution. He’s yet to get back to me because of limited communication atm.

2 Likes

I’ll definitely work through them then. Thanks for the info dude!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.