Legacy Yoyo

I just bought a Legacy from Yoyonation on Sunday, and it shipped today. Do the Legacys still have that paper protection thing?

I was just reading oin a couple threads and some said that you had to remove a paper protection thing.

If they do still come with them, how do I get rid of them?

Its quite simple actually.

you take a pin or nail, and take the silicone out.

Under the silicone, is a piece of paper, peel it off, and put the silicone back in.

In case you are curious, they do this so the adhesive for the silicone last longer.

What happens if you like stick the silicone rings back in the wrong place? =O

That depends on where that wrong place happens to be. You could always draw a diagram before you take them out.

Do you really have to take them out?

How would you put it in the wrong place?

You put it in the recces, it is simple.

Make suere the side that the paper was on goes towards the back of the recces. (Can you get what I’m saying, it is hard to explain)

Yes.

Sorry, but I’m a newb =P.
Whats a recces?

It’s where the response system goes. You’ll see what we mean when you get the yo-yo, but…do you know how to bind? If not, you won’t be able to return the Legacy to your hand because it made to be unresponsive.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2364/aaamhc.jpg

Ahhhh, thanks guys.
And yeah, I know how to bind.

I don’t know why everyone seems to think they need to do this. YYJ didn’t make them like this just to give you this unnecessary job. Mine is completely unresponsive with the paper. You can take it out if you want, but it isn’t really necessary.

1 Like

The silicone will last longer with te paper out.

Have you done tested this yourself? How are you so sure?

I have left the paper in my Meteor for the past 4 months, and its still going good. Removing the paper really doesn’t do anything much, it just makes it sit further into the recess, but it will still be unresponsive if you don’t remove it.

And yes, there is paper under all yoyos with YYJ silicone. (I think. If the sili looks white, theres paper under it. If you can see the yoyo color under it, theres nothing there.)

(Fixed :P)

Actually more recently they have been removing the paper backing.
This has to happen on the New Breed for it to work properly and the Legacy “should” already have had this done.

2 Likes

I can verify that my New Breed didn’t have paper backing when I got it.

Thanks everyone for your posts. The yoyo should come either today or tomorrow. I hope it’s today =P