Learn to win a Converge - Presented by OPYOYOS x Mk1 x YoYoExpert

WIN OPYOYOS x MK1YoYos new CONVERGE!

Jordan from OPYOYOS and Mark from MK1YoYos teamed up with us here at YoYoExpert to release the new Converge. Every yoyo is a 1 of 30 collectible and numbered unique design as will all OPYOYOS.
Jordan via OPYOYOS always tried to keep things interesting though by holding onto number 00 for someone to WIN!

Last year with the launch of Absurdity we decided the best way to have someone win from our community was to do it through a tutorial contest - one that rewards people for learning something new! And so we are back at it thanks to Jordan’s hard work!

So @chaosgow worked hard to put together FOUR tutorial videos for you to learn to win!

Here are the rules!

Every trick you learn enters you in the raffle to win the 00 Converge! So that means if you learn all four tricks that is a total of four entries!

Bonus points! If you LEARN ALL FOUR TRICKS it enters you into a ‘bonus’ raffle for an extra $100 Gift Certificate to YoYoExpert!

So lot’s of ways to win! @chaosgow will be sharing his tutorials in this thread so keep your eye here and reply with links to your videos here so we can count your entries! One tutorial each week for the next four weeks.

All final entries are due November 1st, 2020!

Good luck and have fun learning! Ask questions if you are stuck on a part too! :100:

28 Likes

I’m super excited to do this again, last time was an absolute blast. I learned a lot about trick length and difficulty and I made some changes I think everyone is going to appreciate.

Here’s the first tutorial. You have to do it as I’ve done it, including the bind.

Here is the second tutorial. Again you have to do it as I do it. This time you don’t have to do the bind because it’s harder than I thought.

The third one is live! This one is much easier so no excuses!

The forth and final trick to learn is here. Good luck!

If you need help, I’ll be checking back here regularly so definitely feel free to say so or ask a question.

Good luck, have fun <3

24 Likes

Heck yes a trick to learn with my converge to win a converge for double the converge

7 Likes

Convergance of converges, I like it

2 Likes

I don’t remember the beard. Super excited for this.

2 Likes

Haha! I’ve had it for some time now. It keeps growing though the sides are going very grey. I kinda like that though, makes me feel distinguished.

5 Likes

It seriously does though, you pull it off very well.

2 Likes

First! :joy: Always a big fan of these contests :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Ey up.

8 Likes

You guys are very eager! Nicely done

6 Likes

I don’t know jade whip so I’ve been working on that, but is it okay if it’s not super smooth? Might be a little choppy, yet to actually try but should be getting close to perfecting jade whip.

2 Likes

It doesn’t have to be super smooth, you don’t need to flow the elements together like I do in the recording. You can perform it just like the breakdown part where I pause between each element if you like. That said, it should be a longer term goal to make it smooth and flowy. From there it’s Kwijibo and that bind.

3 Likes

Iv’e landed it like 10 times off camera, but as soon as the camera goes on I lose all skill I have :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

This is 100% the life of every yoyoer who wants to share

3 Likes

I will get It eventually :joy:

4 Likes

Yea you will! You can do it! Just ask if you need help

1 Like

You got this @yoyoben!

1 Like

I can’t land the bind lol, I can get it in the gap and I hear it… I guess crack? Like a whip? Yeah, I hear it whip and make a crack but no bind.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s my biggest problem

4 Likes

Try and get more string in there. The more comfortable you get with it, the easier it gets to put smaller amounts of string in the gap and have it bind

You can also just practice the bind. Once you get used to it and learn the timing, it becomes really easy to hit 100% of the time. You kinda whip fast, then relax when the string is at the peak of its height and then whip fast again into the gap of the yoyo to aim the string

4 Likes